Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

I'm done!!! woohoo!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pamala, Remember as said before, stay strong, stay close to the site. We are all here for you! Take Care, Melanie _________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam congratulations! Just keep saying no and taking it minute by minute! phoenix [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 859 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hardest thing for me so far is that my bf is a smoker and three different times in the last 4 hrs he lit up right in front of me without even thinking... even after I asked him not too... argh.... but so far no major bugging about it at all.. just little nigglings sorta... like I need something for my hands to do.. so here I am typing.. while he's smoking one b4 we go make some dinner... and he'll probly want one WHILE we cook dinner knowing him.... he's such a chimney... it's always bugged me that he smoked so much... even tho I was just over a pack a day.. he's one that can make it over a carton in a week... but I'm GLAD that I'm not going to be wastiny our money on cigarettes... just wish he'd think the same way... we're about to be broke even tho today was payday b/c of his expenses... cigarettes and some other stuff... I guess he thought that since we weren't spending money on cigarettes for me, he could use it on other stuff for him... :confuse: argh... now I'm complaining.... okies deep breath.... and I'm fine... :p guess I thought that since I was the one saving I should get to have that money.. hmmmm... oh well... I'll probly be back in a couple of hourse... thanks for the posts everyone! Pamala - 5 Hours smoke free! Life saved: 22 minutes! Cigs not smoked: 5 money saved: $0.75.
ty Melanie.. I'm actually feeling really great.. I've NEVER once felt this great about not having any cigarettes left.. even when I've quit b4.. I've always been miserable.. but not today! yea! I've had all sorts of running around to do.. and I've got to go out to the bank and grocery shopping soon, but I'm not even anxious right now! however knowing me I'll be popping in and out of this site all night tonight... but I WILL NOT smoke even one more! NOPE! Not One Puff Ever! Pamala - 1 Hour and 13 Minutes smoke free! Life saved:5 minutes Cigs not smoked:1 money saved: $0.18. (not much but I'm excited to watch that all grow! lol)
well I'm done, and I DID smoke those last four... but I KNOW that if I didn't I would've felt like I'd wasted them and felt regret.. but I feel fine knowing that I'm not going to smoke anymore.. my 4 yr old is so happy lol... she doesn't really get that it's bad, but she knows that when I'm smoking she can't come close to me and all that so now she thinks she can come sit on my lap all the time LOL Pamala 45 minutes smoke free! LOL
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on quitting. Anyone who sounds as up and positive about their quit as you is bound to be successful. Just keep looking at that precious little girl. Read and post here the support is awesome!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 337 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2527.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pamela! Welcome to your new life as a non-smoker :) Stay glued to the site, we're here for you. U can do anything you want except smoke. Pray, scream, cry, beat up your pillow, eat ice cream, jelly beans (worked 4me) lol. Call your friends or read and post in this site. Barnes and Noble is a good place to hang out & maybe get something from starrbucks while your there :) Check out the book by Allen Carr, "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking". Hang in there one minute at a time. A craving will last approx. 15 min's. U gotta ride the wave from the bottom to the top and back down again. A hot bath, some candles & any relaxation techniques will help also. Don't forget to breath deep, it helps alot cuz you're use to taking in deep breaths. Hang in there :) You made the right choice to quit! U deserve it :) No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 395 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$26,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 587 Hours: 16

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: