Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

New-ish/new again

18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS] Welcome back Pamala. 2 days to quit day.. great that you have set a date. In the next 2 days, think about things that will be different than before. 1. Think about not waking up to congestion and coughing your brains out. I smoked for 26 years and my sinus crud went away in the first week and has not returned. 2. Think about kissing your little girl good night and not breathing smoke breath all over her. I have a 5 year old.. it feels great. 3. No more trips early in the morning or late at night to get cigarette.. that pressure will be gone.. you will be free. 4. No more smelly coats and cars and hands and hair.. Clean out your car on Saturday morning.. a gift to your new lifestyle. Never allow it to smell like smoke again. 5. Think of being able to read a book to your daughter without having to stop in the middle of a sentence. This happened to me within the first month of quitting. I was bellowing out things.. because I could once again breath deeply. This one was was awesome. 6. Think about being at the mall and guess what.. no pressure to have to run outside to smoke... or in a restaurant.. or anywhere.. let's face it.. you will be free. When you get a craving.. just blow it right off.. and continue what you are doing.. you will be above all of that .. 7. Think about the oney you will save. [u]Each day[/u] put the equivalent money used to buy cigarettes in a jar on the fridge. It is your reward money.. Spend it for a pick me up or save it for something more. Write your list of future great things and read it over and over again. Become very positive about quitting. Afterall, you are saving your life and the health of those around you too.. gonna break the ties to that BAD friend.. smoking. Don't be afraid.. I can sense your fear in your words. Nothing terrible is going to happen. You are going to pamper yourself especially for the first week.. drink lots of water and juices.. eat healthy.. no dieting allowed.. sleep as much as you need.. and not let anyone bring you down. We are here. You are smart and capable and are going to now take your place as a WINNER in life. Maybe your boyfriend will want to quit too after he sees how well you have done. You may want to announce that you need him to smo
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Maroon]OOPS! didn't know the pink was so light! *blushing* reposting... I joined back at the end of January I believe.. knowing I wanted to quit but felt I needed to give myself some time to adjust simply to the idea... I knew I wanted to but wasn't ready.. well I'm feeling pretty ready.. I'm down to about a pack and 1/2 left and I'm letting myself have them.. BUT after that I WILL NOT smoke again... I just finished reading through another quit program online and I'm 99% confident I can kick this and that I'm ready... I was originally going to give myself until my birthday next month, but I don't feel that I need to do that now... so Friday afternoon sometime I'll be out of cigarettes and will be done, but unsure on the time so I'm saying officially Saturday right now... That's less than 2 days... and I have a wedding to attend that day, but I believe I will be just fine... I'm not saying that I won't have cravings.. but I'm going to ACCEPT them for what they are and I'm going to just tell myself that it's okay to want one as long as I don't light one up... and that what I'm feeling is normal, but merely a sense of missing something... but I am tired of polluting my body, I'm tired of having non-stop sinus congestion and colds, I'm tired of being tired, and running out of breath.. I've always believed I would quit when I was ready.. and I wanted it to be sometime b4 my daughter was in school... and she's 4 now, and I'm planning on preschool this fall so the time is now... I do live with my boyfriend who is a smoker, and completely unsupportive of my quitting, but I don't care.. I will not smoke after this is over... on the positive side, I've been smoking menthol ultra-lights for the past 3 yrs of my smoking (tho I did quite while pregnant and until I'd gone back to work after my daughter was born) and not once have I even wanted to smoke a "stronger" cigarette, and all my bf smokes is full flavored.. same with my mom and dad who smoke... so I will NOT be tempted by any of theirs LOL... I've always been a picky smoker in that I would only smoke my brand and all that and I would NOT smoke any other kind under any circumstances, so I'm hoping that since I don't know anyone else who does smoke them that will help me make it easier in that I would have
[color=Pink]I joined back at the end of January I believe.. knowing I wanted to quit but felt I needed to give myself some time to adjust simply to the idea... I knew I wanted to but wasn't ready.. well I'm feeling pretty ready.. I'm down to about a pack and 1/2 left and I'm letting myself have them.. BUT after that I WILL NOT smoke again... I just finished reading through another quit program online and I'm 99% confident I can kick this and that I'm ready... I was originally going to give myself until my birthday next month, but I don't feel that I need to do that now... so Friday afternoon sometime I'll be out of cigarettes and will be done, but unsure on the time so I'm saying officially Saturday right now... That's less than 2 days... and I have a wedding to attend that day, but I believe I will be just fine... I'm not saying that I won't have cravings.. but I'm going to ACCEPT them for what they are and I'm going to just tell myself that it's okay to want one as long as I don't light one up... and that what I'm feeling is normal, but merely a sense of missing something... but I am tired of polluting my body, I'm tired of having non-stop sinus congestion and colds, I'm tired of being tired, and running out of breath.. I've always believed I would quit when I was ready.. and I wanted it to be sometime b4 my daughter was in school... and she's 4 now, and I'm planning on preschool this fall so the time is now... I do live with my boyfriend who is a smoker, and completely unsupportive of my quitting, but I don't care.. I will not smoke after this is over... on the positive side, I've been smoking menthol ultra-lights for the past 3 yrs of my smoking (tho I did quite while pregnant and until I'd gone back to work after my daughter was born) and not once have I even wanted to smoke a "stronger" cigarette, and all my bf smokes is full flavored.. same with my mom and dad who smoke... so I will NOT be tempted by any of theirs LOL... I've always been a picky smoker in that I would only smoke my brand and all that and I would NOT smoke any other kind under any circumstances, so I'm hoping that since I don't know anyone else who does smoke them that will help me make it easier in that I would have to go buy a pack if I did want to smoke more... Anyways, I'm ram
Thanks everyone! I have gone through the program here... as for my bf.. oy! that man doesn't seem to get it! He says the smoking area is a 30 foot mobile radius around him.. argh... pluse most of my family smokes... my parents, on my dad's side all of my aunts and uncles, and most of my cousins... so it's not like I can keep my daughter out of all of their houses... (we are a close family and see each other often) but it would be nice if at least at home there wasn't any smoking... I really only have about a day left, as soon as I'm out of cigarettes I'm done, I only have about a pack left so I'm guessing by tomorrow evening they'll be gone... but I'm not sad or feeling tense about anything except how my bf's going to bug me lol...
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You seem to have been working on preparing yourself for this "adventure". Stay close to the sight. Withdrawal is not fun, but as you already said, accept the way you feel and know that it is okay as long as you don't light that next cig. This is the absolute best decision you can make for yourself and your daughter. I will be sending up positive thoughts for you on Friday and Saturday! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$90,862.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 18

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: