Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I'm a quitter with practice

18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan and welcome. We are here for you, day or night. Stay close, ask for what you need and protect your Quit with everything you have. Blessings be- Healer xox [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, Welcome to SSC, I know that you will spend alot of time here. I do, and learn so much. There is always someone here to help you. It sounds like you have a good plan. I will look forward to your posts. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 4

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Best of luck this time, you know what they say - practice makes perfect! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �107.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan........welcome.....thanks for your story. I find it fascinating how this addiction makes all of us think in very similar ways. As I was reading I could hear the junkie talk as if it were in my own head! That's EXACTLY what the "demon on my shoulder" would have been whispering into my ear....... You know the drill......be prepared, take care of yourself, reward yourself when you reach milestones, and read the posts here. Congrats on quitting............!! Sheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $614.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, Welcome! I'm not sure if you quit with this site the last time, but if you didn't please use all the tools that are offered. You will learn lots about how to get through this. Also read, read, read and post. It really does help. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $647.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, this road is very familiar to me, and I can't say without a tear in my eye, how badly I want to quit this time. Let me blurb my story... 4 years ago, I quit, and stayed quit until 2 yrs had passed, I figured I was safe, that only one puff wouldn't hurt, well that one puff turned into a pack a day very quickly. Then I became selfish, and nothing would come in between me and my cigarette, I started to see myself as everyone else did, alone, with only nicodemon sitting on my shoulder, trying to justify his existence. I had gained considerable amount of weight the last time I quit, and when I started back, lost some of it, so there was justification number one. My second justification was I am depressed, cigarettes really help me calm down. It is funny if you think about how you can justify just about anything if you really want to. So back in November at my heaviest 210lbs, I began to diet with the help of a diet coach, and have lost 30 lbs. I vowed at that I would quit when I hit the 30 lb mark. Well last wednesday I weighed in at 30.5 lbs lost, I held true to my vow. I prepared myself, got a few 'healthy' snacks, and here I am at day 3, and must say nothing significant has happened yet. I did wake up the other night craving, but I have a bottle of water by my bed, so that I didn't have toget out of bed and dwell on it. I hope that this time, all my practice quits, will come in handy, I know why I shouldn't smoke, I know why I want to quit. Now I just need help to keep that little demon out of my head :) So yes, I'm back, and Yes I'm needy, and Yes I am not afraid to ask for help, I will apologize now for my rants...cause I do tend to go on and on. Thanks in advance for the support. Jan
  • Quit Meter

$24,344.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 653 Hours: 16

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to the support community. The difference this time will be preparation and support like no other! Our program and it's tools can assist you through your journey and those difficult periods. Our online support group is fantastic with support and knowledge, not to mention the tough love that occasionally pops in. Take the time to post often and let us help guide you. You are on the right track with low calorie snacks and veggies, plus water is a great assistance. If your symptoms last longer than usual, please check with your doctor to rule out anything medical. Eating right and using exercise (doctor approved) can make a difference in everyday life. For further information on depression, you may want to take a look at our sister site and the free depression program offered. [url=http://www.depressioncenter.net]www.depressioncenter.net[/url] Post often and keep us updated, we are always here to help. Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: