Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Today?????????

18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK So I reset my meter. I am going to take another stab at it. I did get rid of all smoking related stuff last week and even had a ashtray washing ceremony but the puffs happened when I was around smokers, home is safe but I have to leave sometime right?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$170,358.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Inde Pendance - (hope I spelt that right) I decided to quit - but i didn't really decided to quit. I.e. i would have 1 or 2 (its not much really!) cigarettes and think I was doing well. It took about 4 months of ginning around, before I did it proeprly, and the only way to quit is to not go near a puff, a butt -nothing!! Use the centre here, its got all the gear. Its much easier to give up now, and preserve your health, than it is to give up in a knee jerk resonse to a serious health issue. Sorry, I am actually trying to be helpful, not spook you - I'm just trying to poitn out that if you are serious about quitting, have really defined reasons WHY you are quitting, and a good Plan B for the tough times - all the best and congratualtions on your determination!!
  • Quit Meter

$227,145.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 12

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So you fell down, you also got back up. Glad you're back! gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good that you reset. Being safe at home is important and good, but it is not all that is needed. You will always be able to leave, and go buy what ever you need, or desire. What is important now is that you recommit to your desire to not smoke. If you don't have them you can't smoke them. If your friends have them and would give you access, then your resolve has to be strong enough to not ask, and to refuse if offered. There will always be smokers around somewhere, unless they stop making cigs, and I don't see that happening. This part of the battle can only be fought by you. We can support, we can cheer you on, we can give you a high 5 when you succeed, but we can not keep you from puffing if that is your choice. There are thousands of suggestions on this site of what to do instead, but the hardest by far is to just say no. NOPE= Not One Puff Ever. Don't Light Up! Keep it out of your face. Determination, Persistance, Resolve... those are the answers. COngratulations on staying with it. Keep going you will make it. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 254 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $723.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes you do have to leave sometime but right now just protect your quit and take care of you. Read and post here all you can it will help. Reward yourself for each milestone, you are worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In, Keep yourself way from temptations until you can face the challenge head on. Using your coping mechanisms will make a difference. It is great to see that you have jumped back on! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: