Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Pyromate- Day 381- How I Became "Smoke Free" PART 3

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great story but Im still waiting for the conclusion. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 103 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, Yes, relating to, " Everything seems to look more colorful and different somehow. " I remember thinking the same thing. Cheers, Pat
18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmm... John, are you an INFP? INFP's are gifted writers. Looking forward to the next segment. BTW - this is a Myers-Briggs personality designation. gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Pyromate for a great story to have with my morning tea. Way better than a ciggie!!! You sure know how to make an entrance on this site. Yes Mc I agree, Brent may have a little literary competition here, but without as much "madness". lol. Keep goin' Pyromate, we are much entralled. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $564.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does Mad-Man Brent know about this continuing saga? You're killin' me here! I'm away fm my computer on the wknds & usually can't get in til Mon. @ 5:30am. I'll be wondering for two whole days! Everyone has to promise to keep bumping Part 4 so I don't miss it on Monday. Cold Turkeys love a good Mini-Series! Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,869 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $764 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John.. I visualize everything you are saying and feel all the anticipation as you wait for the doctor. I also remember that proud feeling after 3 weeks and telling the doctor that I had finally quit. I really hope this has a good ending. I anxiously await Part 4. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 252 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $882 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow cant wait for part 4! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 283 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1273.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, Another great chapter. You could write for TV! Something you wrote in your story... "There is a first time for every single thing you have ever done in your life...as a non-smoker. It is interesting...eventually you do almost everything you did before...only without a cigarette." is so very, very true. Many quitters seem to think that life is not the same anymore, but in reality it is.. it's just lived without cigarettes. Great observation. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $732.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$36,341.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9770 Hours: 14

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi...I am a little confused...I have already posted the 4th and final chapter to my story. Thanks for the note. John [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1935 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$41,398.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 887 Hours: 7

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Continuing the story of my journey to the "Smoke Free" zone, Part 3. My battle with nicotene addiction had become all out war. I was gaining momentum now and preparing for a final push into hostile territory to face the enemy. The sore lump on my neck was begining to be less noticable and painful...but still there. After 14 days of transdermal nicotene, I had decided to pull the patches and face the reality of "cold turkey". I wanted to purge my body of nicotene once and for all... like casting out a demon possesed. The smokless routine was becoming just that... routine. Wake up... no coffee...just a coke and NO patch. Candy...ice cream bars and a few other tricks I used to fight the bad cravings. Mornings became slightly easier to deal with and I was really begining to look and feel better. The nights however remained a challenge. Sleep disorders had become a real problem. Vicious dreams of madness...somewhere between "The Sixth Sense" and "Event Horizon". I was always glad to get up and away from that sleep dimnension. Facing the day without any form of nicotene was almost preferable over the long.. sweaty nights.. filled with bizarre dreams. I had made an appointment with my friend and doctor. The day was approaching quickly and I wanted to be in as good of condition as possible when he would see me. I was begining to take control of my destiny and break free from the poison. The days passed...food began to taste much better. I could smell the air and...I felt alive. Everything seemed to look more colorful and different somehow. I had to remind myself that now I am a non-smoker..it had a nice tone. First time at a reasturant... Smoking or non?? Non smoking please. I washed every item of clothing I owned including towels, jackets, pillows...everything. There is a first time for every single thing you have ever done in your life...as a non-smoker. It is interesting...eventually you do almost everything you did before...only without a cigarette. I began to slowly realize that I was on the road to success. Tomorrow I would see the doctor and face the fear. I got up the next morning...prepared to go. I was quite shakey and very nervous. Made the appointment on time and as I waited for the nurse to call my name. I reflected on the past 3
  • Quit Meter

$41,398.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 887 Hours: 7

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: