Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I'm back !!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
H, Welcome back. The decision to quit smoking in itself is such a huge step in the right direction. It is important when deciding to quit, that we quit for the right reasons and that we truly feel we are ready to quit smoking. Honesty with one self is key to a successful quit. Be true to yourself and your endeavor to quit smoking and you will successfully succeed. If you have not, please take advantage of our free quit program as you access your glove compartment when logging on to our site. This program will help you through each step of the quitting process. Remember we are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dana Reeve never smoked and she still got lung cancer. But that is no excuse to smoke. The list of chemicals in cigarettes is long. Furthermore they take away from the oxygen your body needs to live. Keep at it H, we both quit at about the same time. Pretty soon the coughing will stop. I still have a lot of coughing to get out and I know I can survive without smoking or drinking.
  • Quit Meter

$16,439.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 903 Hours: 13

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi H, if you really do want to quit (regardless of whether you have to quit) then you will. It's 'only' a case of mind over matter. And as has already been said, you are quit already, 2 days is a great achievement. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
H.. is that you ?? Welcome back !! You are right about people dieing of cancer .. I didn't even know Dana Reeves was sick.. It always hits me hard when celebrities die.. especially well off ones.. because if they can't be helped byr the wonders of modern medical technology.. then we commoners won't have a chance. But, we can improve our odds by quitting smoking.. So.. 2 days and you're off and running.. Glad to see ya ! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 894 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I'm back again and I'm working on day 2. Cold turkey again. I have to quit. It seems that everywhere you read about someone else dying of cancer. I have to quit. I want to quit.
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the good work H and remember just don't light that cigarette Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,771 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oinkoink2u, Look at you being all modest and quiet. HAPPY 30 DAYS!!!! That sure went by fast. Here's to many more to come. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/Greetings%20and%20Encour/fam21.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $547.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi H. Welcome back. You know what you need to do, so start your meter and off we go!! The start of a new day, new life. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,597 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $547.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, H. Two days quit is fantastic. Keep it up. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1098.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
H, if you're on day 2, you ARE quit! Just do it again tomorrow! It's as easy as that. Build on your successes each day and you will be stronger each day. Welcome back! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 450 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1575 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$54,735.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 10

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: