Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

I'm doing it...

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. :) I'm fighting this. I'm holding on. I've battled wanting to quit since 2002. I've tried and failed countless times (pitiful little ball on the floor waiting anxiously for husband to bring a pack of cigs from mini-mart down the street). *ugh* NOT ME THIS TIME! I'm so tired of wanting to quit so I decided with determination to get it over with. *sigh* I really can't take failing once again.... No-huff-puff [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 15

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't say this is easy... I'm sitting here with my hot cup of coffee (can't give up my caffeine), a lit candle (smells nice), and sunlight shining through my windows (no ugly streams of smoke anywhere). At the moment, I feel okay. I'm on the patch... and believe me that's the only thing keeping me sane. I'm breathing a little better.... already? Honestly, this morning I've been through some tears... but I'm already looking forward to day two. It does get easier... right? No-huff-puff [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 15

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
no-huff-puff.. Congratulations. When I began my quit I counted each and every hour. That is what kept me going. One step at a time. You can do this. It is an awesome feeling being quit. Don't get discouraged and be sure to learn all you can about the addiction of smoking. It really does help put things in perspective. Quitting isn't easy, but it is Oh so rewarding. Keep up the great work! We are here when you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $843.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No-Huff-Puff, Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the SSC. Yes, it does get easier! I quit by using the patch. Follow the program and don't get too self-confident. The patch does a good job of controlling the craves. Give yourself time to quit. You smoked for years, quitting doesn't happen overnight, but before you know it, you will be on you way to a lifetime of independence from nicotine. Read all you can here. Go to all the forums. There is a ton of great information here. You want also want to check out the quit program that is provided on this site. For what it's worth, when I stepped down to the next lower level on the patch I did experience some slight cravings. I sipped on ice water and chewed on straws to help. You may want to stock up on some healthy snacks. Don't forget that quitting smoking is about breaking an addiction. It's OK to have some lousy days. That is part of the process. Just hang tough and soon the bad days will pass and before you know it you will be a happy ex-smoker! Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $705.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$36,332.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9768 Hours: 4

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No, Here is a [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=23206&forum=1]link[/url] to a thread I posted last year about "trying to quit". There were a ton of great replies and I think you might enjoy reading them. As you well know, there is a big difference between "trying" to quit and being "quit". Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $705.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$36,332.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9768 Hours: 4

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on being a non smoker. This place is awesome for support so read and post all you can. Stick to your program and don't take short cuts. Be kind to yourself, take long walks and hot soaks in the tub, listen to some comforting music, watch a movie or read a book. These are all things that helped me through the first weeks, hope they help you as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 312 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No-Huff, It does get easier! You will experience lots of craves and symptoms this week and for the next few. Keep your coping mechanisms close and your craves far. You can do this and we can help. Thanks for the update and take that cry if you need to :) Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: