Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Calling all February '06 Quitters!!!!

18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My name is Shannon and I am from Fayetteville, AR. The best town on earth. Starting a group sounds great. The name I like is "The Febuary Formers". Were is everyone else from. Remember, one day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Everyone! I'm Sheila from Nashville, TN. Quit on February 4 and so far everything is going well. I'm trying to get my husband to go ahead and quit with me, he's cut back alot but just isn't quite ready for the big quit. I guess to my advantage with him still smoking, I have ventured to his workshop (only place he's allowed to smoke) just to smell his ashtray and loose any crave I may be having. I'm really glad to hear that things get easier with week 2, I've had my doubtful moments but overcome each one so far. Good luck to everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, 5 days is a big big achievement - you don't have to tell anyone here about that! The good news is that it does get easier. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hey Quit4, you are not doing this alone that is what we are all on this site for so that we can do it together. I too had quite a bad morning but a better afternoon. It is evening here and I have got through the day (I will make sure of that). What keeps me going sometimes is this site and the great folk on it and that includes you. If you keep at it so will I and so will everyone else. We all know how hard it is but if we do it together we can succeed together. There is a famous old song in the UK thazt is trawled out at times of togetherness e.g soccer games 'you'll never walk alone' - remember it well. Good luck, you will win over - you must believe in it ;p ;p
Hi everyone, great to see you all still quitting - what a team! I am now into day 5 and will have to face the weekend when I usually smoke quite a lot more than in the week, but I do have a plan and I definitely will not smoke no matter what!! Anyway I just wanted to share something with the group. I go to an NHS (the national health service in UK) stop smoking group on a Thursday evening and one of the things we do is to get a CO2 reading of our breath each week. On weeks 1 and 2 my reading was 21 (heavy smoker) but last night it was only 5 (normal) and that is only after 4 days!! I am sharing this because the rest of you still in week 1 will have the same health benefit - well done everyone. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hi All, I think it is a great idea for us newbies to start our own group because we can go through each stage of this together. Although reading posts from other quitters that are much further through their quit is very inspirational it is good to chat to people who are at the same stage as me. An idea for a name is 'NoMoreFixFromFeb06' BTW I am from Hull in the UK (Yorkshire) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hi, congrats on starting your quit! I have tried before to quit and obviously failed but this time am using patches and finding it easier (still not easy though). I am early in my quit so who knows what the future holds and I am not sure what it is like getting off the patches either. All I do know is that the patches are helping me, it could be psychological because I know that I am using one but all I do no is that I have lasted almost a week now. At the end of the day it is down to personal choice. Good luck and welcome to our group. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Dianne, welcome to the group and well done on getting through your first dsy. Dunno whats happening about the name but the wider SSC community seem to be eager for us to get our fingers out and decide something. I think that there is more pressure on the name than there is on the quit :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Fairy!! Ad me to the list, I am going to need all the help I can get. Michael - Jacksonville, Florida aka-STJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I quit on Feb 5 and I'd love to join the group. I am from sunny southern california and my name is Sheila. Can't think of a name right now, I seem to have lost my whit.. or my mind.. along with the cigs. ;-). Today was pretty darn bad, but I made it. So, onward and upward! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: