Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Calling all February '06 Quitters!!!!

18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everybody...glad to be apart of the February quitters! It's been a week for me...woo hoo! TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST: highlight the list and select 'copy', include these instructions. When your in the 'Reply to Discussion' window, right hand click and select 'paste'. Serena or "Fairy" 2/11/06 Michael - Jacksonville, Florida (aka-STJ) 02/12/06 Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/01 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03 Candice (ashika1), Ontario Can. 12/02/06 Cuddles 2/11/06 boubou 1 February Quit4Josh 02/03 RissaRoo 2/6/06, Seattle WA DaveP 2/6/06 Seattle WA [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fairy and everybody, My name is Marissa and I am from Seattle, WA. This site has been a lifesaver so far...especially since this time of day I usually have my worst cravings...now I just post my feelings to a bunch of strangers :-). All in all, the hardship of quitting is nothing compared to the pride I feel for putting my health and self first. It feels great! Congrats to the rest of the February quitters as well! We can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/03 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03 Candice (ashika1), Ontario Can. 12/02/06 Cuddles 2/11/06 boubou 1 February Quit4Josh 02/03 We are getting quite a list of Quitters....Good for all of us! Has anyone actually "Planned a cheat?" I did this on Saturday, figured out where, when, and no one would know....Then I got in the shower and thought about this group and the fact that I have gone 9 days without smoking.....it just was not worth it....so I put on my patch....and I keep at it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Quit4Josh 2/3/06 Cincinnati, Ohio I so enjoy coming here for my "fix"... I made it through the first week and am looking forward to all the smells and tastes to come.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Last smoke on Feb 3, 2006.....So I am entering Day 5 with tears occasionally...but I have to do this!!!!!I will be turning 40 on 2/21 and I don't want to be the wrinkled-up-on oxygen-old lady puffing-and coughing image!!! I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and it is good to see us from all over the place.... I am struggling with the "What do I do now" part of not smoking....Mornings are extremely tough (even with the patch)...Driving in my car is tough.....After meals is getting easier though....This may sound crazy but I still like the smell of someone who just smoked!!!!I guess I feel I can get the sensation without actually smoking..... I feel the need to go away for a couple days to get through this...Everyone is proud of me...but I still feel that I am going through this alone.....
I hope that the patch is not becoming a crutch for me....I dread the days when the patches are done...Then what? I have sucked more candy and chewed more gum and drank so much water that my mouth feels funny now...I guess I will have to go to the dentist soon! Oh well, still better than "Gorilla-breath"... My 6-year-old crawled in bed with me this morning, gave me a kiss, and asked "How many days of no-smoking Mom?" He is so very proud of his Mom....(TODAY IS DAY 6) One day I went to my son's daycare to pick him up....and I ADORE little kids....and I went over to help a little boy with something...(after I had smoked all the way from work in my car)...and the little boy was actually holding his nose!!!! That was an "AH-HA" moment for me...I love kids too much to smell like a skunk! I have to do this!
262113 Serena or "Fairy" 2/11/06 Michael - Jacksonville, Florida (aka-STJ) 02/12/06 Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/01 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03 Candice (ashika1), Ontario Can. 12/02/06 Cuddles 2/11/06 boubou 1 February Quit4Josh, Cincinnati, OH, 02/03 RissaRoo 2/6/06, Seattle WA DaveP 2/6/06 Seattle WA Phreaknbz 2/5/06 Murrieta CA Eady 2/8/06 Germany-residence We are truly Worldwide Quitters here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serena or "Fairy" 2/11/06 Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/03 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03 Candice (ashika1), Ontario Can. 12/02/06 Hi everyone! So today is day two for me! yea!!!! I'm using the patch for the first time and it is much easier for me this time. Almost so much easier that it worries me. Usually I would be crying my eyes out by now. So does this mean that it will be hard to "quit the patch?" We will see how tomarrow goes without any support. Other then you of course! It is so nice to read everyones posts. It makes me feel more normal and I know that I am not alone! Ashika, just remember that you can do this. Not One Puff Ever! Someone who I thought was the healthiest person I had ever met told me she had quit smoking years ago. Having quit unsuccesfully many times myself I said "And you didn't start back up?" She said to me. "Quitting was the hardest thing I have ever done and I made a promise to myself that I would never have to do it again." I think about what she told me often. I will never smoke again because I never whant to have to quit again. Go Feb. quitters we CAN do this. ;)
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Quit4Josh, I am just like you and feeling alot of the same stuff. Everyone is proud of me and I am even proud of myself, but Man .. this is freakin Hard! Whenever there was nothing to do .. I would smoke .. I was doing something. Now.. when there is nothing to do ... there is NOTHING to do. I am having a hard time with that. Driving too is tough for me. Hang in there .. it stinks now .. but if we just keep on going, these feelings/cravings have got to stop. We CAN quit .. if we just don't smoke!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi my name is Jack. I am in Western NY. And I quit on 06 Feb 06. Hasn't been too bad .. but I am waiting for all hell to break loose any minute.

Reading this thread: