Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

picked a quit date!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AOD, Congratulations on picking the quit date. Take these next couple of days to prepare, stay close to the site, we are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have decided on a quit date of Mon. the 30th. I have been on this website for about 3 hours now and I am armed with all the info and support I feel I will need. It will be hard I know, I will be moody, I will crave, I will win this battle. After 15 years of smoking, one comment from my oldest kid and the stories from all of you will get me through it! Wish me luck, I have a feeling I will be on here alot! Ang
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nevermind what the kid says....just go for it.......im still new at the not smoking myself but am already feeling better......come aboard and itll be cool......alot of support is available to ya here......hope to chat with ya.....good luck on the date aand i hope it goes smoothly for you
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AOD: Good luck on your target date and good for you by coming to this site early. Knowledge is power. Learn from these people. And if you have questions or fears or doubts, this is the place to vent. Bonbons [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 266 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$98,098.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5637 Hours: 21

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see your posts, Denisey! You're still here and smoke free! gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck AOD, prepare for a terrible first week and stay away from all of the smokers you know. It is hard enough to keep your quit going without temptation! This site will be extremely helpful if you need outside support-most of us do ;) I would continue to explain it all to the kids because they will see a change in you in the first while that may not be too pleasant :eg: If you know how awful the beginning is, you wont be surprised by it when it happens. I still grab a straw to chew on at my old most needed cigarrette times, morning break at work, after lunch, during times of stress, etc. Truthfully, it took about ten days of terrible withdrawl symptoms before I felt like things were going to be okay. I can now look at a smoker outside having a butt and instead of thinking "if only I could have one," I think, "wow, thank god I dont smoke anymore. Look at how pathetic that is". Good luck and come here often. We all love helping eachother :) Denisey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome AOD.... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 409 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI AOD. Welcome to your new life. You are definitely off to a great start. You are doing all the right things. Quit date,this site, and support from your family. Take this last few days to get smart about quitting. Also stock up on low fat snacks. I ate and cleaned my way through the first 2 weeks! Plan some activities to keep you busy for the first week or so, whether at home or outside. Keep Close, Keep Strong. :)[color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 612 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, AOD! :) I just posted to your other thread. What quit method did you decide on? Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $942.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations AOD on the decision to quit smoking! We're happy to see new quitters! Make sure you've got all your coping tools ready, stay here on the site as much as possible (especially the first few weeks!), learn as much as you can, read, read and post! We'll be watching out for you! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 315 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,722 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2079 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$52,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 17

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: