Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,698 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH

Ex smoking 'buddies'

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have definitely noticed the exclusion!! It feels like they are no longer my friends, I'm left out. And the non-smokers are so used to me not being around that they don't notice me either. But, still going to stay quit. Good luck to you, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$85,198.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5901 Hours: 4

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel a bit this way too, Kevin. Some don't know how to respond, offer a smoke, hoping you will accept. Why? Because it would be a salve to their own conscience if you failed. Others just completely ignore your presence because you are no longer 'one of them' or you are 'being good' Yet iN spite of this, it is the support from others that is more important. They are the ones I want to hang around now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think alot of it is feelings of guilt that they still smoke. My mother-in-law, who I am very close to, has still not mentioned my quit since my husband told her I was going to back in December. I don't mention it either when I talk to her. I am waiting for her to bring it up first. Boy, are both of us stubborn! Keep Close,Keep Strong. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/bye.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that!!!
18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For years, I would get together every half hour or so with work colleagues for a smoke, a chit chat and a laugh. I'm the only one who has stopped. I'm no longer 'notified' that it's time for a break and seem to be generally 'excluded' from the general banter. I don't particularly mind but am curious to find out if other people have experienced odd attitudes from ex smoking buddies!
18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your former smoking buddies have now put you in the ranks of those who they feel consider them second class citizens. Certainly your feeling should be nothing more than to feel a little sad for them for not seeing the light like you. However, they are intimadated by your smobriety. Do you think they feel inside themselves that they wish you fail. I do...the monster is just that strong. They can't wait to welcome you back into the circle of death. Stay strong and then watch them. On occasion, drop the web name of this site and encourage them to just take a peek. You my friend have now become a strong advocate for your friends health. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1599 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95,963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15990 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 330 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$122,685.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8388 Hours: 19

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kevin, Everyone's reaction will be different. Some may even harbor jealousy, because deep down they want to quit and see that you have. Keep going strong and know that we are always here to support and advice. Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: