Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Quiting again!!!

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just joined the site, I have been successfully using the patch for 3 weeks now. I've been wanting to quit for a long time. My husband was a smoker when we met, he'd been smoking off and on for a couple of years(mostly socially), then one day he got sick of smoking and quit. He didn't have any cravings or second thoughts, he didn't need any help, he just stopped. I on the other hand, have been smoking for about 15 years, sometimes a pack or more a day. In the last year I cut down to half a pack, or less some days. We moved away from my home town where all my friends and family lived. Where ALL of them smoked. I worked as a bartender then, so I was around smokers all the time, quiting always sounded too hard(considering everyone I knew smoked). So finally my sister and I decided we were going to quit together. We set a date, bought the patches and made a pact. Well that day came , I got up, threw out my cigs, put on a patch and called my sister. But...she had decided she NEEDED a cigarette, not even bothering to try to stop. I almost ripped off my patch right then. But I figured I had all ready started, why not try. I did for about a month, but eventually I started to go over to my sisters house just to bum a cigarette. So I was back to where I started. SMOKING! Now we live in California, the land of non-smokers. I smoked for the first few months, and I felt like the odd ball. My husband was always begging me to stop, he would send the kids out while I was smoking to ask me to stop. I was the one always sneaking off in the corner somewhere. My husband would tell our friends I was going for a little walk. But they all knew what I was doing. Last time when I tried, I knew that I could go and smoke if I really wanted to, I knew there were cigarettes just down the street, I knew nobody in my life would really notice(except my husband, who still smoked occasionally), and I knew that deep down I didn't want to quit yet. This time I know I'm ready. It's been 3 weeks now, and this is the hardest thing I've ever done. :) smenos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B
  • Quit Meter

$81,772.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4810 Hours: 3

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support, this site has been very helpful already. Smenos
  • Quit Meter

$81,772.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4810 Hours: 3

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Smenos: You have just joined the most wonderful group of people you will never meet-Congrats on your three weeks smoke free. You should be very proud of yourself. Take advantage of everything this site has to offer. Being part of a support group seems to make all the difference. Hang in there, and visit often. Good Luck, stay strong-and Remember YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOUR ADDICTION. Bonbons
  • Quit Meter

$98,126.64

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5639 Hours: 11

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
smenos, Congratulations of such a great accomplishment. Just because a loved one quit without any issues sure doesnt mean that is normal! Lucky him though. I think both you and I are fortunate in our battle that there are not smokers around us to tempt our determination. I want to say how proud I am of you and that you should treat yourself to an awesome gift for giving your son a non-smoking mom. Good job smenos!!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the forum [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome smenos. Congratulations on 3 weeks. Great accomplishment. You will get lots of help and encouragement here.[color=Red]redrosie[/color][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/highfive.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Smenos, it might be hard but it's worth it! Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smenos, Your doing a great job, it your husband hasn't told you , we will. Don't forget to plan little rewards and treats for yourself. After all you would have blown all that money anyway. Why not get some good out of it. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $587.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome smenos glad you come to this site, it's a great place when your trying to get through this quittin deal. I can realate to alot of what you said. Lots of people have wanted me to quit for years and I always had an excuse why I could't or shouldn't. Lots of my family I had to hide it from, and you know they can smell it on you . I really enjoy smokin, alot for stress I guess and to relax, but I've come to realize it's gonna kill me someday, maybe sooner than later. My mom's got emphazima from smokin, and she'll never get better......it's really depressing!! Last March she had a heart attack and was forced into quitting and I quit with her and it lasted 10 weeks then I had a bad deal with my daughter and figured I was either gonna smoke so I could deal with her or blow my brains out.......... so I started again.........but I'm back here for the very last time. It is the hardest thing you'll ever do but I know you can do it cause I did, just stay strong and visit this site every day and read lots and know your not alone in this. We all have to help each other.......... Hang in there :) junebug

Reading this thread: