Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hi, new today, smoker for 40 yrs.Help

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Micky mate, hang on in there bud!! GOOD LUCK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, found your site today and really helped me to make up my mind to quit. No cigarette since 8:00 am. Can't believe it! Starting to get a little weak, hope I can go to bed without a cigarette. I just want to quit, period. Woke up the other night with chest pain, couln't get breath, faint and nauseated. Scared me to death, but with high blood pressure it scared me enough to want to stop. I'm also going to need a total knee replacement in about 3 wks, and can't stand the thought of being in the hospital that long without a smoke. Well, anyway, I'm tring to hang in there. Wish me luck! Micky
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it Micky! I started today and I have tried many times to quit. I was coughing up this brown gook and scared the heck out of me. I made up my mind and am going to do it this time! I have a plan and will get support from many on here. Great site! Good Luck! You have many people rooting for you! I feel great so far today! TootsieRoll
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site Micky. Keep strong. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
40 years! If you smoke 25 a day for 40 years..................... It comes to 365,250 cigarettes. A third of a million cigarettes. [quote] Woke up the other night with chest pain, couln't get breath, faint and nauseated. [/quote] I'm really glad that you found us Micky, no trying mind you! You will do this. Brent
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Howdy Micky Welcome to a great place to help you with your quit. The folks here will help you whenever you need it. Just stay close and post often. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Micky, Congratulations on your decision 2live longer! To the left <---- is a glove compartment. Go N there and work the program because preparation is key. Learn all U can and U will discover there is nothing to fear. Hang tough. It gets better! ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $735 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mickey, Welcome to the site! You can do this! Drink lots of water and fruit juice to get the nicotine out of your system and to keep your blood sugar up. And read and post as much as you can. That really does help. Also, I suggest writing down your reasons for quitting and keeping them close at hand anytime you want to smoke. Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the site. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,974 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $257.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Mickey. Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and welcome to the SSC. Like you, I'd had a bit of a medical scare that started me to think about quitting. And, like you, finding this site was the thing that pushed me off the fence and into my quit. Stay close to the site, Micky. Read much and post often. Let us know how you're doing and how we can help. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 237 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I would rather have a knee replacement than to ever smoke again...hey, right! In my numerous extended stays in the hospital, prior to quitting, I had no problem at all staying smober. #1 - I did not have access to tobacco, and #2 - I could have smoked anyway so why fret over it. That will be a good time to really purge your system. I can also assure you that your orthopod will tell you that smoking inhibits the healing process. See, the advantages just keep on coming. Good luck and congrats' Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1588 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95,293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15880 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 327 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$122,596.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8382 Hours: 16

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: