Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Death in Family....really puts smoking to the test!

12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb,

Our thoughts are with you.

Take it day by day and celebrate your mom's life with great memories!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Willis and Duff:
Thanks for the kind words...
No there is NO REASON TO SMOKE...just that urge ya get..ya know?  Duff we are celebrating her passing...just the human nature I guess of the loss feeling....but each day seems to get a little better...as does the cravings...Thanks to you BOTH...I don't know what I would do with out this site! AMEN TO THAT!

Debby 
12 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debby:

I have been kicking around on this planet for 77 years now and it is amazing how often I see members loosing  family and friends and then starting to smoke again because of the pain and stress.  I often wondered if lighting up  will bring them back.  Will lighting up a smoke really ease the pain?  Death is just as much a celebration as is birth.  The beginning and the end...........the alpha and omega.   Be happy for your adopted mom;  fighting cancer is a death in itself.  Be happy for her, celebrate her, and above all remember all the good times and memories and you don't need a smoke for this. 

I wish you continued success in your quit.  With kindest regards,

Duffis
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey DebbyP, Even though in times like this, when someone you love has passed and it seems like it makes no sense, remember that most of us nicotine junkies don't live long enough to get cancer. Usually our heart gives out long before then. God Bless you DebbyP
12 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I lost my Adopted Mom on Saturday Night...I have to say that this has really been a struggle to get though with out smoking.  I have wanted one since Saturday Night!!!  I have NOT had one and still will not.  I just drink my ICE WATER....think I have drank an ocean so far...but then the tears about even it out.  Anyone with words of support are welcome...
Thanks

Debby...

Oh and she died of Cancer...never smoke ONE Cigarette either....Just don't understand it!

Reading this thread: