Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Determined to save my life!

12 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome kristilu!
12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good tor you kristilu ! Grab the demon by the horns and wrestle it into the dirt where it belongs. Get good and mad at the uglyness of it all. Before we ever started we didn't need to smoke and it can be that way again. Get good and mad at what it has taken. This addiction only takes and gives nothing in return except to make sure that we stay addicted. Keep cold water handy and drown the craves when they come. I found cold water invaluable in the early stages of the quit. You're the most important person here. Thanks for keeping me smoke free one more day. Break the chains that bind us and learn to live a better life than we ever thought possible. Yay for you ! breather
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kristilu,

Welcome back!!  What a great image you chose as your avatar.    
You have taken the first steps toward success.  In fact, your picture reminds me that anything is possible if you
put your mind to it!  As you know, it is not easy, but we are here for you. You have a strong determination and you will
achieve your goals!
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's been 3 years since I joined this site.  I have had many attempts to quit, to no avail.  Yesterday, I smoked my last cigarette....period.  My father died in 09, he had Multiple Myeloma, but the COPD/emphysema is what killed him.  He was 68.  When I should have quit immediately after this, I did the exact opposite,  I fell into a depression and smoked even more.  I graduate from nursing school in August this year.  While that is exciting, I have noticed that the majority of people in our local hospital are in there because of an illness related to smoking.  How stupid am I for wanting that for myself??  So, yesterday, I took my life back!  I dumped all of the ash trays!  Walked 3 miles and cleaned my house spotless!  It's a new beginning!  Thanks for having me back!!

Kristi

Reading this thread: