Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,663 Members

Please welcome our newest members: kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725

A little help, please?

13 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am starting to have strong cravings and urges to smoke. I am angry all the time and screaming at anyone. I feel restless and tired. Can't sleep well. Can't think and am unable to complete a full sentence.I can't understand why. 
Up to now the cravings,  urges,  sleep pattern, anger,  depression, brain fog and initial withdraw were ok and had been manageable. The past 2 days I found myself behaving the same way as I did when smoking. I find myself getting up and going outside to smoke or then when I look outside I am reminded of smoking and the urge is very strong. A couple times I really had to stop myself from buying a pack. I am forgetting words, can't remember what I was doing and snap at anyone. I feel so angry I just want (desire) to smack whoever talks to me. I can't sleep and when I do, I feel I am not asleep at all. Why am I getting this strong cravings and urges? Wasn't it suppose to get better a little with time? Wasn't suppose to subside? Could it be because I did stop taking Chantix? Has anyone been through this?
Today my husband mentioned that perhaps I should smoke and even offered to get me some. I got so angry that I felt like wrapping my hand around this neck and... you got the picture..lol - Help?
Thanks,
K

Reading this thread: