Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I still miss it!

13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gimm, quitting smoking is a little like losing weight.  Boy is it fun to eat the junk and put on the pounds, but eating healthy and exercising isn't always fun.  And it takes alot longer to lose the extra weight than to put it on.  Think of the bag of potato chips.  You just can't eat one.  Smoking is similar.  Thats why we say N.O.P.E.  You cannot eat just one potato chip, nor can you smoke just one cigarette.  Just keep thinking of the ultimate goal.  To be smoke free and healthier!  There are speed bumps, and road blocks, and other distractions, but just keep your eyes on the road towards your smoke free destination!
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 680
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 27,200
Amount Saved: $6,800.00
Life Gained:
Days: 104 Hrs: 16 Mins: 30 Seconds: 55

13 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gimm,

Cristinas has hit the nail on the head.....many of us did go through that stage. 

You are tired!.....it's very tiring making the effort to quit, to fight the war against the Nicodemon.  You have to dig deep to find the extra resources inside you to keep fighting.  You must do it though, or the addiction wins.

At risk of being branded as negative, I still, very occasionally, smell a freshly lit cigarette and wish I could have one........it's a sort of nostalgia, and as long as you see it like that you will keep on winning.

I'm afraid that you will have those feelings off and on for a while, but you are strong enough to dismiss them as an intrusion into your quit.  Do you really want to give up your new found freedom, and return to enslavement?  I doubt it!

Stay close to us here on site and stay strong!   Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!

Lolly.  

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/25/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 2044
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 71,540
Amount Saved: �17,885.00
Life Gained:
Days: 271 Hrs: 7 Mins: 17 Seconds: 13

13 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The answer is simple - because you are human... . Now, let me explain that.
I went through the same "lost" feeling at times. And I searched the site here and discovered that I am not alone - many people went through the same things before me, at about the same time in their quit... I guess it is just the perception of what we are doing here. Remember a post that got bumped a lot "When will it end?". I found it to be so obvious - the more I let the demon rule, the more I let it sneak into my thoughts and telling me what I am losing, the more chances I have that I will give up my quit. It kinda wears down your armor. It breaks that determination that brought you so far in your quit.
So, I still crave/think at times. I still fantasize about how good that smoke would feel... But I come back in an instant and tell myself that it is not worth going back to square one... Cause, sooner or later, you know that you will have to quit for good. So why not keep on keeping quit? It is WAY easier than start all over again! I have so many BAD memories from the first month(s)... Ouch!!!
So I hope you'll stay strong and that this answer makes a bit of sense.
Keep the quit
Cristina

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 269
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,415
Amount Saved: $1,223.95
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 13 Mins: 43 Seconds: 49

13 years ago 0 230 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well don't know why im feeling like smoking again, but i am.  I'm not having any cravings per say.  I just want to kick back and smoke!  I was even looking online at those e cigs last night.  lol    The cravings, withdrawals do get easier with time thats true, but oh the want to...the want to is still as strong as ever.   Does that ever go away?  I'm really glad i threw out those couple of packs i had stashed up.   It's been several times lately, i would of got up and smoked.  It takes a little more effort to go to store and buy them.  I think i'm just sick and tired of quitting! lol.......
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 237
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,480
Amount Saved: $2,370.00
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 23 Mins: 6 Seconds: 35

Reading this thread: