Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Dreams....

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Frosty,

Glad to see the dreams have subsided. I'm sure you must be so relieved that as vivid as they seemed, they were not real.

Dreams are a normal process of quitting smoking. It is all part of the adjustment your body is going through physically and mentally.

Hang in there!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh good then Im not crazy lol  Karren, exactly like you said the dreams were so vivid and realistic it was scarey. In the dream I didnt want another cig, actually I didnt want the one I had, it was like a thoughtless habit and I didnt even realize I was smoking till half the cig was gone, then I was like 'what the heck am I doing!!' and threw it down. I think what bothered me so bad was that the dreams felt so real and happened 3 nights in a row. Thankfully I havent had anymore dreams since that post. :)
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/10/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 309
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,450
Amount Saved: $2,510.63
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 23 Mins: 8 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had one last night- so strong so vivid- I woke feeling really down as I really thought it had happened. In the dream I told my husband and daughter that I was so 'into' my quit I figured just one wouldn't hurt, and hey I could taste it- weird!! the thing is, in the dream I wanted another straight after- I can't tell you how desolate and upset I felt on waking- a stark reminder of thats how I would really feel if I did stray, it also shows how the addict hasn't gone down fighting just yet, every now and then he rears his ugly head and tries even in my dreams.
But it was a dream-thats all-phew!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 152
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,800
Amount Saved: $2,280.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 21 Mins: 15 Seconds: 57

Reading this thread: