Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

I REALLY NEED ADVISE...I AM GETTING SCARED

16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No! June 2 is way too far away for you to wait and continue to fell so crummy! Can't you get a referral for a psychiatrist in your insurance network and try to set something up sooner? You really should get connected with a psychiatrist anyway - as they specialize in this class of medication and know all of the nuances, etc. Is this a possibility? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 409 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,658.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,925.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5543 Hours: 9

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got in to my dr on June 2, I am also on an on call list for cancellations...good thing I am not suicidal or anything...geez. Shes good though, so I will do what I must and hope for a cancellation!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Getting some blood work and checking vitamin D, hormone levels.. If you look up vitamin D deficiency you will not believe how important D is.. but it is important to know your level. I had to go an a compounded prescription for 12 weeks ( a vitamin D protocol) and then at the end of 12 weeks another blood test. Speak with the Dr.. be really upfront.. and also ask if you could take vitamins. or B or ?? and ask what he recommends. It is great things for our bodies to quit smoking.. but we have been putting nicotine and other chemicals in there for years... Our bodies have adapted to living with what we did.. Now we are taking things away.. and the body has to re-adjust. I went to a vitamin store.. the clerks were very knowledgable about their products. You should Check with your Dr or pharmacist especially if you take other medications.. And like Danielle said.. Vitamins are somethng our bodies need.. Many can have side effects or be TOXIC ... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 986 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Kelly - Good for you for staying strong (even when you don't feel strong)! No need to punish yourself by smoking. I'm also glad you put in the call to your doctor. You really are working hard. You're a trooper! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 409 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,658.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,925.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Changing, I know, I am waiting for a call back from my doc to discuss, I am not counting any meds out. This quit is so important that I will try what they tell me. I really almost gave in and smoked today..can you believe it? I made it though, I have a friend here at work who quit 30 years ago and is an absolute sweetheart. She remembers it being hard, but has blocked the horrid stuff out of her mind. and Danielle, thanks for the reminder, we all are careful. Thanks All. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Just a friendly reminder to consult your pharmacist or read the instruction on the bottle carefully. B vitamins can also cause toxicity if too much is taken. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
Kelly - In talking about trying medication, you said "I don't think there is anything out there that won't make me feel like I am on fire". That is a set-up for failure - if you don't expect anything to help or expect only bad things to happen, that leaves little room for hope or success. So, can you try to open yourself up to the possiblity that there IS a medication that will work for you and won't cause side effects. It really [u]is [/u] possible. Hundreds of thousands of people find helpful medications without side effects. You can too! I know it's scary and frustrating and exhausting, but hang in there. You deserve it! And by the way - through all of this, your Quit Meter keeps getting more & more impressive. You really are amazing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 409 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,658.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,925.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't remember the mgs of B Complex that I take,(I take 1 a day) but the Vitamin B12, I took 1000mcp per day and it helped! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,220.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Misty, how many mlg of B's do you take, which are the best ones? B12's? I take two b12 and 1 b complex everyday, not sure how many mil it is or how many a person should take...this is great advise misty, thanks!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There's a med available at the health food store that i took when regular anti-depressants weren't available to me - it's called "5htp" - I recently read something about it, but I have forgotten now - it has soemthing to do with directly afecting seratonin levels, and is a horemone that's already in your body. Kinda pricey though. Also - of course the b-vitamins.. I use the sublingual ones. innexpensive, and something you can do for yourself to feel better. I also take melatonin with b complex at night to help me sleep. I also helps with your emotioanl state.. also inexpensive and available at any store. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 631 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,831.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: