Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Someone no why?

16 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya trailbum, My quit didn't stick until I stopped giving myself permission to smoke. What I'm trying to say is that I always had it in the back of my mind that once I had it licked I could smoke 'a little bit'... which, of course, turned into another lifetime. Trust the decision you make to quit... [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1040 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,280.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$52,402.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 7

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TB, it is time to give them up for good. I will loan you my cast iron skillet, that I just used this past weekend actually, and next time he pisses you off you can brain him with it. Or Kristilu has a hammer you can borrow I am sure. But listen you can be a non-smoker and manage this, you just need to employ some new coping skills. Take a walk, ride your horse, buy a boxing bag and punch it - paint his face on it first :D I have gotten a little violent since I quit - sorry ;P come on, you can do it. You know what to do already. You are worth this quit. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $460.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband who recently quit smoking but turned to dipping (ekk!!!) got mad and bought a pack of cigs, I took one of those cigs and was going to light it and smoke it... more to make him mad than do any justice for myself... then I realized that I was not helping my quit one iota!! So I looked at him while he was smoking his cig on the deck and I said "I'm not that stupid!!" and I commenced to breaking the cigarette I had into tiny pieces in front of him.... Ok, a little dramatic but that really happened! I worked too hard for this quit to give it up over a quarrel, time and time again.... and the best part was that my actions prompted him to snuff out his smoke and destroy the rest that he had :) We can all do this.. one day... one smoke... at a time! My best to all! [b][color=purple]Leslie ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,581.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 216 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$170,298.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 0

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As the others have told you and as I'm sure you know, you are an addict. One puff is all it takes to awaken the nicodemon inside of us. There isn't ever a point in the quit when we can have just one cigarette for any reason at all. Not because we are mad, not because we are upset, not because we are frustrated and not because we are happy. These are all emotions. People who don't smoke have these emotions all the time and don't even thinking of smoking. We as former smokers have to "learn" to deal with life on life's terms without leaning on the crutch of smoking. It really is that simple. Easy - NO. Simple - Yes. Refuse to give in to the addiction, one day at a time, every day. No matter what. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 933 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,265.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 86 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am with you and Bear smoking 50+ years and in my tender 60+ years. Why we smoke, we are addicts. But I think, and I shouldn't, for me I smoked for over 50 years. I only have 12+ a few months of never smoking. My body and mind has to be retrained over and over and over. All I know is that I am not going to smoke today even if my minds tries to tell me differently and it still does. Whatever the reasons you used to smoke they are behind you, this is a new day so begin again. You are important to us here at SSC and you are important to you. So grab our hands and lets get this quit underway. Believe in yourself!! [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/cid__2_04E790CC04E78EA4004A3A238625.jpg[/IMG] Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 265 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $397.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Think about why you bought that first pack after 14 months. Has your husband changed his entire behaviour so that he'll never upset you that way again? Doubt it! And what will you do next time he upsets you? Smoke? How does that stop him from upsetting you? It doesn't. Without knowing either of you I can absolutly GUARANTEE your husband didn't intentionally irritate you just so that you started smoking again, yet that's what you've done. One moment's upset turning into a future of self-inflicted physical damage. Ouch. Score 1 for addiction, 0 for Trailbum. Please reconsider the reasons you quit the first time. Think how you can halt the damage you're doing your health by stopping again. And soon! I know, I know... You miss that old friend when you stop. The one that takes your breath away. The one that clogs your sinuses, Takes all your money, Wastes your time and makes you smell lousy. Some friend, eh! Remember the ones you found when you stopped... The Pink Cilia The Fresh Aires The Tastier Foods The Healthier Trailbums Remember those? They love you MORE. Nic is not your friend. His gift to you, poor health. He takes. He harms. Chuck him out for good this time. Come on back and stick around...lots of folks who care around here. x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 384 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,112.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel for you Trailbum. I have done that so many times in the past. This quit was the one where I figured it out, I had to prepare myself to close the door and never look back. You are an addict and have to learn that as an addict, you can never touch another cigarette, no matter what, if you want to quit forever. Maybe you need to take a step back and take a bit more time to prepare to quit for the last time! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,386.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its all been said here, some people say they dont want to ever smoke again some people do, i know we dont need to but the addiction has other ideas, iam one of those have been quit for a while now, i could never have just one because i would want a carton, i still know i need to stay on guard, junkie still wants to mess with me but as usual i will not smoke, iam glad for people that have a easy time with the quit, trailbum because of health reasons alone you should never give in, i hope you quit and stay quit for your lungs, i wish you luck with it :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1991 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,968.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 284 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$14,570.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 5

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Trailbum nice to see you back. Nicotine is in fact addictive and like you I also smoked for 50 + years.What started out as a growing up thing soon became a way of life .So here we are at the tender age of 60 + having to learn new ways to deal with unreasonable mates ;p and other assorted issues.There is nothing wrong with you you just have an addiction to nicotine and like any good addict you get caught in the cycle of smoking until you can't breath ,stoppping until you feel good enough so you can smoke again. The provocation to smoke is always going to be there for us addicts so we're always going to have to keep our guard up but you did do this for 14 months and you can do it again what do you say. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 306 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,060.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trailbum, Addiction is correct. Unfortunately, it's a slippery slope and it seems like your sliding quick. Time to pull yourself out, we'll help you every step. Take some time to sit down and look at what makes you run out to that store? What coping strategy are you missing? What is the underlying issue? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: