Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

no friends?

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello mate I still hang around with the smokers I will even go on a break with them! They all know I dont smoke but it doesnt offend me that they do and they sre still friends.I take a cup of tea to drink whilst they smoke! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 278 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1459.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in, disneyfan - and be really gentle and kind to self right now. This journey is so all about healing -mind, body, spirit and soul and it is also an Awakening, one we walk alone for some of the journey. That may be part of what you're feeling, friend. I think there's also a grieving process (for me it wasn't the cig, it was the ME who smoked - the smoker...) The one who hid behind emotions, truth, coping, ya know...life ... We're all right here with and for you, dear one. xox Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 434 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2018.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks guys i am proud to call you all friends. i have been real down lately and hubby and i talked amd he is proud he says of me and looks up to me . your right ppl have said they wish they could quit like me. so thanak you for being there for me when i needed you all. i am at 1 mth today and it was a hard day. but comming here i am feeling better.. i love ya all [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$204,331.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 13

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
disney.. Someone said they tend to be jealous (with a little guilt mixed in). Very true. Why not be the trend setter ;) mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $496.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi disneyfan. I,ll be your buddy. Do you realize what you have done?? You,ve Quit Smoking !!This is Major.Your in the process of overcoming one of the most addictive drugs in the world.Have you checked your height lately I went from 6ft2in to 6ft4in in 30 days. This can be a little intimidating to your friends and hubby you,ve changed their image that they may have had of you. So stand tall women stick out that chest and be proud you are definitly a winner.. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Same here except I have lost some of my non-smoking friends. In the first week, everyone was so supportive. Then the newest wore off, and I found myself alone in this journey. The non-smokers did even make it to the 3rd week!! After the first week, it was "oh, just get over yourself".. So I don't know what to tell you about friends. I do know from my own experience as a smoker, that when one of my friends quit, I was jealous that they were able to quit. Perhaps they are envious and when they see you have managed to quit, they might decide to try it also. I hope so.. Wish I could make it easier for you right now....... Keep posting for you have friends here who know exactly what is happening to you physically and emotionally........ hang in on the quit... You are doing great.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi disneyfan, i wanted to quit years ago but most of my friends smoke and members of my family so i kept putting it of. when i did decide i want to be healthy and (iwanttobefree) from the this smoking life i said to myself i have to do this for me so i did. When i got passed 2 months in my quit friends and family kept asking me how i got through as i have smoked for 23yrs it seemed like if i could do it then they could as well. 6 of my friends have now quit in the last couple of weeks maybe if your friends see how serious you are in your quit and your hubby maybe you will give them the encouragement to do the same. You are never on your own as you have the support of every one here at ssc :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �351.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hedy Disney, if they are a bit slow to come, just come here - there is always someone here! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $696.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks guys i do not have a problem going around smokers it does not bother me this time when i quit it was esaier this time. i am glad i am not alone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$204,331.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 13

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Disney, You are not alone in the way you feel. I have lost alot of smoke buddies at work. Mine was one of the first offices anyone came to when they wanted to go outside and smoke. We don't have to wait for breaktime so it made it even easier. Now I don't see any of them unless I go looking for them. I finally asked them why and it was them who felt uncomfortable and nothing to do with me. Now when I see them go out I wait enough time till I know they are done and walk out and chat. Sometimes we feel alone when we really aren't other smokers just don't know how to react. Give them all time it will all come together :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,017 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: