Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

THE ODOR....How do I get rid of it.....

16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok...It has been awhile so I thought I would let EVERYONE know what worked...what I tried....I used....baking soda....Ya know the kind that is carpet freshner, I added more baking soda to that and have let it sit on my furniture this whole time....It doesn't stink now!...Now I have to just vac it and I want to repeat....I just keep forgetting to buy the stuff...(Just shows how much it has helped!) Thank you EVERYONE for your help!
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Navy][font=Comic Sans MS]Lolo I use white vinegar & water half & half put into spray bottle and spray my furniture down. (it will smell like vinegar for a few hours or so) but will start to smelling better soon. I also sprayed my car down with it works great getting rid of the ole stinky cig smell. [/font][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $366 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thank everyone for their input....I am trying them one by one....If need be I will get a pro to do it.....But I would like to spend the money on something LOL--- (Like ME) ! I'm tryin the baking soda and the smell good stuff that had baking soda in it....plus I took the cusions outside yesterday & I am going to take them outside again today......so if anyone else had any ideas....please feel free to send my way..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's one of the first things I noticed - two days into my quit I got into my car and couldn't believe the stink!! How did I never notice it before - I was so embarrassed that I had given non-smoking friends lifts in the car - what must they of thought??? Anyway I did all the usual - air fresheners, febreeze etc but the smell was still there. Had to resort to a professional valet - used some of the money saved by not smoking - and that made a big difference. Maria x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �321.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lots of good responses here. Keep them coming! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got a guy in to do mine professionally. Didn't cost too much and it is lovely. Only thing is the smoke is in the walls and curtains I think cos I can still smell it sometimes when I walk in the room. Does make you think about what was going on inside you. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
p.s... did the same with a small area rug which was in the same room. J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had the same problem with my loveseat. It was in the same room that I smoked for years and I too noticed after doing such a great cleaning that there was still a horrible odour of smoke. It was the sofa. I just filled a bucket 1/2 way with very warm water and Ivory dish soap (very gentle soap btw..) and washed it down with a scrub brush that had fine bristles.. and it cleaned it up perfectly :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolo, You could try speading baking soda on it and letting it sit then clean it off. I know it works on pet odors give it a try. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try a saucer of vinegar, sitting on a table for a few hours. It may help, vinegar does help remove odours. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $622.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: