Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Feeling very tired........

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Changing, Saw a lot of posts that I dug up based on fatigue etc and it's quite clear I'm not alone and that this is very common. Today I made sure to lay down just for a 1/2 hour and it made a bit of a difference. Plus instead of sitting up I layed in bed about one hour before going to sleep to watch t.v. and that really relaxed me too. I noticed when feeling really groggy I'm getting more cravings..I don't know if that's normal or not.. I don't really know what is normal anymore..lol.. But you know what ? It's ONLY tired and now I know it WILL pass and it's all part of the healing process. Hell, as I've said before - all the abuse over so many years one's body is bound to get all freaked out and wonder "what the hell is happening I'm not getting my fix!" So really just having the knowledge that it will pass and continue on battling that nicodemon, staying distracted and keep resting whenever possible - love that pampering idea ! :) :) :) Thanks for everything Changing.. thanks to everyone :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean - As proof ;p that you're not alone, you can read some of my old posts: "Is it cement or have I turned into a turtle" or "I'm sooooo sleepy!?!?" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,565 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 8

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean - It sounds like you are doing fantastic and keeping that little nicodemon in his place! You're almost done with Hell Week! Just wanted to mention that your fatigue is really normal. I wrote many many posts about being soooo tired & exhausted during the first few weeks. So, hang in there and just know that (1) It's totally normal and (2) It does go away. People kept telling me that it would get better, but I heard that about everything and kind of began to doubt it. Anyway, the "people" were right - your energy level will come back, and in fact you'll feel even more energized! So, keep up the good work and keep posting! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 8

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jean! I just want to say I love your positive attitude and I can see you are going to add a lot of value around here! Thank you Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1281 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeppers - I remember being ready for bed at 9 (and I used to be a night hawk)...It takes alot of energy to fight through those first few days. I was tired again week 3 (I think it was exhaustion from surviving week 1 and week 2) Take good care of yourself and your quit........your energy will come back again. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1045 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Sorry Tutti, I responded to Seth and realized I forgot to thank you for your input! You are so right.. fighting the cravings! PHEW they can be brutal but as much as you think you are rising above them it does take it's toll! I am going to pamper and rest my little body as often as I can and need to .. it's obvious that after almost 5 whole days my body is going through a whole lot of changes - GREAT CHANGES though.. right? Thanks so much.. J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Seth I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning...love my breakfast with coffee. But I found that it just makes me way to jittery if I have anymore during the day. I did buy some instant decaf - it's really good and there's no effects from that. You mentioned that you are concerned about ED.. does that mean you are going cold turkey because you are concerned about the nicotine in the gum or the patches? IF that is the case you were getting way more nicotine from smoking then you ever would from the NRT's. Just didn't know if you knew that fact or not. I am a positive person.. some people think -- tooooo positive. But, rather than using the phrase 'hope to quit tomorrow'.. you may want to use 'will... quit tomorrow'. That's if you are ready. If you've worked the programs tools to the left of this page, if you've read a lot of posts here and picked up some really important tips to have on hand on the day of your quit: hard candy, gum, lots of water, distractions - hobbies, walking etc etc... Well if you should make the decision to quit you know we are here for you :) And also don't forget to go to the April '07 Ashkickers post! 'night .. and have a good one! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jean, Oh yea, it really is standard that the tiredness/fatigue hits you. What everyone has said so far really is true. I also think that your body is tired from fighting any cravings, your body is really in a healing process so rest is just what you need, and you're getting use to having oxygen going to your brain. I know that Nonic is right too about the glucose level in your bloodstream dropping and making you tired. In my case, since I'm diabetic, I actually had to cut back on my insulin because I had less glucose in my bloodstream since my Quit. That's great for me. The less insulin for me, the happier I am. Really pamper yourself and rest. Your little body really is fighting and healing. This is all normal stuff. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What about drinking some coffee? I offer this as advice, but I am not an expert, by any means. I know that, I have been prescribed valium, and I plan to quit tomorrow. I am worried about, errectile dysfunction too, so I am not going to use any nicotine ( at all). I am gonna chew gum and drink coffee, and take it rough I guess. At night time, I m going to take a valium, to fall off to sleep. I hate to feel tired. It is the worst feeling in the world. Have you ever tried yoga? Or you could try a hot shower, to get your blood going. Congradulations on your quiting. I hope that I am able to tomorrow.
Well after reading all about what water does do for the system.. I also did some reading (outside of the wonderful responses here) and found that pomegranate juice (from concentrate) is supposed to be super good for you and is highly recommeneded as an antioxidant! So I went out for a walk.. which I really needed for the crave I was having and picked up a small bottle of pomegranate and blueberry juice. It's very expensive.. the pomegranate on it's own. Anyway I poured about 6 oz of it with some ice and sipped on it for about a 1/2 hr and felt so much better :) I can't drink orange juice because of the high acidity..but I'm so glad I came across this juice! I take multi vitamins - have for years but I think I'm going to check out some new one's which may also help. Thanks everyone for all of your ideas. J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: