Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

What's up with the coffee?

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4][color=Red]Happy Birthday Betts![/color][/size] [font=Comic Sans MS][color=Teal]What a way to celebrate your birthday - being smoke-free![/color][/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,450.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 1

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat!!!!!!!!! Happy B-day Day Betts. Give yourself a special reward today. Promise you will :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,546 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm back and am feeling better and not sleeping as much. My tate is changing like everyone else but althought things don't taste quiet the same it's ok. Today is my birthday and I'm 64 y/o and am so proud of myself for this accomplishment in my life.....(pat, pat, pat)..... ;) Betts [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $139.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought I was the only one having a wierd taste thing. Yes coffe taste different but not necessarily bad and some foods I used to think were o.k I really don't like. I finally decided my taste buds were asleep and that stuff never did taste good I just didn't realize it. Still like everything sweet though. Yum, yum [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 942 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $141 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Betts - YES!!! I went through the exact same thing. I was absolutely exhausted...tired in my bones! I have never experienced such fatigue in my entire life! But, over the past 10 days it has been getting better slowly but surely! So, don't fear - you should start to feel less tired (gradually) very soon. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing! Audrey - I wish I was having your problem...then maybe I wouldn't eat and would lose weight! ;) All kidding aside, I hope this yucky taste goes away pretty soon. Hopefully it's part of the re-growing-of-the-taste-buds process and is only temporary. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,450.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 1

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ya know, I just don't know what to make of this taste thing gone awry. At first I thought is was just the coffee from the freezer, then breads from the freezer started to have this taste that I don't like. Then after I got a free sample of a veggie chip at the store having the same taste (yuck) I don't know what to think. Actually I started to think about toxic wheat gluten from China, and that my extraordinarily stepped up senses had some inside information to offer to the FBI!!!!!! I'm totally confused. But it's all the same "bad taste". Maybe some taste bud was damaged and now it's ok or visa versa. :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Audrey, I still like my coffee although I don't drink as much of it as I used to. Perhaps you did get a batch that wasn't up to par, or maybe you aren't wanting it as much. I'm drinking more tea now...and Crystal Light Singles. Don't forget the water, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $702 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Betts, First off, congratulations on 27 days! Many changes occur in our bodies that can lead to increase fatigue. * We are no longer being stimulated by nicotine * Our metabolism slows down sometimes making us feel like we have less energy. * We also have more oxygen circulating in our blood, this can also make you feel tired. * Our blood sugar also drops, this too can lead to feeling fatigued. Solution? Take good care of yourself. Eat right and if you're tired, take a nap or go to bed early. If symptoms continue to persist or worsen, consult your doctor. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
Hey Betts, I'm the one who posted about the coffee. BTW that is getting back to normal. Sleep is something you mentioned. To me bud, sleep is one of the greatest rewards I give myself. On the weekends, all systems go into the off mode. Normally I have a coffee machine make coffee automatically at 5:45 am. Then I have 2 tv's go off at 5:45. And then a radio goes off at 5:45. Do I get up at 5:45? Sometimes, most times. But what a wonderful thing it is to have all of those alarms off on Saturday and sleep in. One of my favorite rewards ;p
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm new to this group and was looking for an answer to a question I have. I am 64 y/o and have smoked for about 50 yrs without any success in quiting until I tried Chantix. Today is my 27th day and everything is fine except that I am sleeping a lot. Has it done this to anyone else ? I assume it is the lack of nicotine in my system and I don't like coffee as much as I did in the past so I don't drink much now. I am pretty healthy and do not suffer from HBP or any heart disease and don't take any new meds that might make me sleepy so I was wondering if the lask of nicotine was making anyine else want to sleep a lot. Betts

Reading this thread: