Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Rant: PO'd Over My Husband

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go get that tattoo! And you might as well go shopping too so you look good walkin out the door! :eg: Seriously though, spend the car payment/rent/electric bill on yourself. He'll be the one crying when he can't afford his chew. The only reason why you can't afford your tat is cause you are good with your budget. So be bad with your money this month. You deserve it. My motto to live by (keep in mind I have terrible credit) It doesn't matter what you spend your money on you will still be broke so you might as well spend it on what you want. Having a late car payment ain't the end of the world. Put yourself first, pawn something of his and go have some fun! (also keep in mind I'm divorced) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$227,140.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4955 Hours: 20

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=red]Phil... Thank you! :) Duckie... I am happy you are feeling better. [font=stencil][color=green]Stay Strong![/font][/color] [IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/kristonicc/cutieshortckake.jpg[/IMG] [font=impact][size=4][color=red]~PEACE~[/font][/size][/color] [color=purple][font=Courier New][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 787 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$454,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5355 Hours: 15

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=comic sans ms][color=purple]Hi Duckie067! I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with stopping smoking and your husband still dipping. Oh, how I understand! The last time that I quit - I caved, and I hope that you will take my story to heart and understand that I feel your pain. Although the situation is slightly different, the pain and hurt is the same. I quit last year for 6 months. You see, my husband has never smoked a day in his life and has never been with a woman that smoked before. He thought that he could handle it, but he couldn't. I am a very affectionate person, I love spending time cuddling, kissing and loving on my spouse. He told me that he couldn't kiss me because I tasted like an ashtray, no matter how long I brushed my teeth. My hair and cloths smelled of smoke no matter how long I showered or how many times I washed my cloths. This really began to bother me. He told me that if I quit smoking that he would be much more affectionate to me and it would make him feel better as well. That was all it took for me! I ran out and got some patches and stopped smoking the very next day! A week later he did kiss me a little more because "The smell from my lungs" that he complained of sort of decreased. A month later he was spending so much time loving on me and such that I was on top of the world! I couldn't have been happier! A month later things began to change. All of a sudden he wasn't kissing me as much, wasn't holding me as much, etc. etc... I was broken! I approached him on it! I asked him why he made me these promises and after me keeping my word to him to quit smoking he stopped keeping his word with me. And like your story, there were no answers. [b]It wasn't fair![/b] I kept my end of the bargin! So, I thought to myself "[i]why bother![/i]" and I started smoking again.... the worse thing I could have done. So, a year later I find myself waking up at night coughing and wheezing. I can't walk a flight of stairs without being out of breath. Plus! Ohio started passing smoking bans..so it wasn't so easy to have a cigarette anymore. I thought about the benefits over the habit and I decided to quit again, but this time it was different, this time I quit for [B]ME! and me only![
  • Quit Meter

$454,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5355 Hours: 15

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well....the good news is that you haven't caved. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Duckie, I hope you didn't misunderdstand my earlier post, girl. When I said, "It'll all work out." I meant,It'll work out and I'll bet you get that tat. ha ha ha ha ha I'm serious!!! You do deserve a reward and if that's what you want and it won't put you in a bind to get it, go for it. Me, I got a little rose tat on my waist with circling vines and I keep measuring to see if it's getting closer to my ass or if it's beginning to look at all withered. ha ha ha Now that seriously hits a nerve with me when a husband thinks that just because he makes all of the money, you're not entitled to spend any of it. I haven't had to go through that with my husband but I saw it with my own parents. I stayed home and raised my three kids, so I had a full time job right along with my husband. Mom stayed home and raised SIX kids but she didn't get to spend any money on herself AT ALL and I always felt so sorry for her. It AIN'T right. Anyway, I think it's going to work out and your husband will come around to see YOUR accomplishments. Great Quit You Have There, Girl. I can't wait to get there. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, good post TryAgain. Duckie, my husband dips too. He's never lied to me about it but, I never made him feel that he had to. My quit shouldn't force him into a Quit that he's not ready to make. I realize that HE'S an addict too and he will have to quit when he makes that decision for himself. As far as rewards go, I guess I'm just happy with a sugar free cappucino and a good movie. I have a tat on my waist and at 46 years old, I'm afraid it'll be on my ass in another 10 years. :gasp: The most important thing here is your Quit and you've done a wonderful job. A really super job. Just hang in there....okay. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like Duckie found her voice. Next time, don't bother with the getting mad part in the middle. Good call. Congratulations. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b]Everyone who has responded to you believes YOU ARE SOMEONE! Keep respeating [quote] I am someone too!! DAMNIT!!! [/quote] You are so important and so is your incredible resolve in your quit :) You are doing a bang up job and you should feel very very proud of yourself. Of course your husband appears to be selfish - but he was this way before you quit..right? Did you really expect anything different to happen when you quit (I mean outside of him lying that he quit too)? Build on your own strengths hon.. Embrace and celebrate what you have accomplished and go out and reward yourself BIG TIME! ((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58[/b] [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 991 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $441 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just had to give you a [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/Trailbum/mailedD12.gif[/IMG] And I noticed we have to same quit days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 172 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,602 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1720 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How about a cup of tea? You tea was the talk of the town at the beginning of our quit. Men...I guess I better say "some men". Keep your chin up! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $551.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: