Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Feeling's after a major crave???

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kait: I'm so glad you brought this subject up. I, too, have felt that way, and sometimes catch myself smiling for no apparent reason. I think, "Wow, you never thought you could do this, and look at you". The problem, I think, is that so many of us are skilled at sabotaging ourselves so that we can beat ourselves up. It's that terrible vicious cycle we've been in for many years. But to do something this big, this important, without sabotaging ourselves? WOW!! I know in my past quits I tried and tried to think of myself as a non-smoker, but the little internal voice always said, "Who are you kidding? You're a smoker pretending to be a non-smoker." Eventually, of course, I would listen and say, "Yeah, you're right, I'm just a faker". (Or as the kids would say, a "poser".) But this time, I really do think of myself in those terms -- as a non-smoker. That's huge! And it definitely can put a smile on your face! Keep that smile going -- you've earned it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i also get the feelings of euphoria when i beat the crave. sometimes i feel like screaming or laughing or crying and i am never sure which its going to be. do you think its our possitive mind thats now taken over ? its like we are on a high...great feeling though..... we are both at the same point and who would have thought we could be none smokers .not me thats for sure. well done to both of us keep laughing........ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Honestly, I'm so proud of me and all the other quitters. This is sooo hard sometimes, and yet soooo rewarding. Sometimes I have trouble finding the words to express exactly what I'm going through. Maybe one of the reasons I'm so happy in between craves is because I know deep down that what I'm doing is the best thing I can be doing for myself. It's one of those things that you think about for years and years. We've all done this. I need to quit, I want to quit..I'm going to quit...but you never do (until now of course). Every day you go to the store and buy those smokes and light them up, all the time there is that voice in your head telling you how wrong it is to be smoking and how bad it is for you and what a slave you are to it! Imagine...years and years of that voice beating you up for smoking. Maybe I was so mad and disappointed at myself for smoking for all those years that now that I'm really quiting and working so hard to stay quit that I'm not mad at myself anymore. Maybe that's why I'm so happy....hmmmmmm by george, I think I've got it!!!! (in my best English-man accent) [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/ANGELanimated.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 692 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Yes....Free, that's exactly it.....we went from BAD KAIT...BAD KAIT...BAD KAIT.... to GOOD KAIT...GOOD KAIT...GOOD KAIT... What a mental boost that is!!! I don't dare think it's easy from here on out...the journey is still long for me and I know there are still bumps in the road. But I'm not beating myself up anymore....what a great feeling that is. I deserve a dance! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/babydance2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 692 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Thanks Free, Like I said, I'm not complaining and I think what Danielle said is probably what I'm experiencing. Heightened emotions on both ends of the spectrum....I'll take it, I can deal with the bad emotions to get myself to the good emotions. Thanks for your support! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/Sun.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I had a major crave when I woke up this morning, as I have had periodically over the past four weeks. The kind where the voices in your head are really trying to take over. I made it through using self talk and keeping myself occupied by getting ready for work and was fine when I left the house. Now, three-four hours later...I feel fantastic. I feel like nothing can stop me. My mood if wonderful, I'm happy and giggling and smiling. Has anyone experience this euphoria after beating a crave?? Is this common? I've had it happen to me before, so this isn't the first time. It usually lasts a few days (I'm not complaining!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Thank goodness other's can feel this sheer joy. Maybe for each of us, the reasons are similar but a little different. What every the reason, I will take these great days anytime. Teen, I'm so glad you and parrott and windy are all feeling these same happy times. I agree with Parrott Lady, to feel sooooo happy and eleted and giggly is so worth fighting the bad days and craves. Everyone keep smiling and keep fighting, we can do this....Teen, I was shocked to see I was at 37 days already...honestly, I can't believe it and your at 35!!!! We are all doing so great. As you can see...I'm just happy again....LOL Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know, today was the pitts as far as things going wrong, and I DID NOT SMOKE! And I feel so elated, you could pop me with a pin! Flying high on sheer accomplishment! I am so happy for all of us, it's not something I would have ever thought I'd feel, elation for NOT smoking! I think it's probably true that we are experiencing the huge emotions on both ends of the spectrum, but this high is certainly worth the tears I shed earlier! Love you all, Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/sfparrots1.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know there have been times that I have been so happy with myself that you couldn't wipe the grin off my face...I'd say you deserve to feel euphoric...You have done an awesome job and you just keep on doing it! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,817 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
From Kaitilina: ..." we went from BAD KAIT...BAD KAIT...BAD KAIT.... to GOOD KAIT...GOOD KAIT...GOOD KAIT... What a mental boost that is!!! ..." Well done, Kaiti! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $535 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: