Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,676 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke

herbal?

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I decided to use my brother as the test dummy for the herbal cigarettes(he's a regular smoker, I didn't push it on him). Those things smell absolutely awful! Ewww no worries about smoking them. xx mg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know this has been addressed before, but I never saw a clear answer. I know herbal cigs are just as bad as regular, but would it be bad to use them just to get through right now? I don't plan on using them forever and I really feel like I'm doing alright with the nicotine withdrwal. Now I just want something to help with mental addiction. I know it's not the best choice, but is really that bad if only used for a little while? Has anyone had any success with them? By the way...I love you guys already! It's awesome having people that actually know what I'm going through. People that haven't gone through this before are very ignorant of we experience when quitting. You are all SO helpful. xx mg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just have to offer my two cents here.. On a previous quit of mine I thought I would be smart and smoke clove cigarettes a few days into my quit. The next day I bought my usual brand of cigarettes and started smoking all over again. Smoking the cloves really made it super easy to smoke regular cigarettes again. I have found now the best thing is to chew on plastic pen caps.. they keep you mouth and you hands busy and well you can take out all of your frustrations in a very savage fashion, on the poor pen cap. Hope this helps!! KTQ.. Nicodemon
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kevin.. I'll meet ya by the third pyramid I'll meet ya by third pyramid Ahh come on thats what I want!! To meet in Mesopotomia (ah ah) KTQ.. Nicodemon
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL, material girl...that's good to know...I didn't even know they existed until you mentioned it. Part of quitting smoking for me was breaking the habit of anything lit and put into my mouth and inhaling differently. All of my distractions is to prevent me from wanting to do this. I would think the herbel cigs would just make me miss the real ones way to much. Good for you, and congrat's..you are doing great!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 603 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LMAO Nicodemon---Clove cigs...there is the way back machine right there. I can here the UB40 and oingo boingo with a little b-52's in the background now!! --smoking is smoking is smoking is smoking is........see the point? Do they make herbal lard?..just a question.----Keep it up MG you are doing great!!--Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 556 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
regarding herbal cigarettes. i don't know how anyone could stand the smell it is dreadful lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$113,590.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6494 Hours: 18

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
anyone here tried carrot sticks as a substitute?? I remember that "my name is earl" scene: "First we tried the tapes, then we tried the patches. Someone told us to try carrot sticks as a subsitute, but we couldn't get the damn things to light.". just a joke... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Material - I have to admit that herbal cigarettes would have been awful tempting to me in those first 3 weeks....but I do wonder if, in the end, they would just make it harder to deal with our emotional dependence on smokes. After all, we want to make ourselves understand that it really does not provide emotional comfort, relieve stress, etc to light up a stick and inhale it....they only way to learn this is to go through the process. We've been told that we have to replace smoking memories with non-smoking memories...the easiest way to do that is to start creating non-smoking memories right away. Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $410 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why don't you talk to your Doctor on the possibility of using an NRT inhaler? For me, it has been a great help during the last 100 days ... Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $490 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: