Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm?

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now I know where the "steering wheel coping mechinism" came from. I had my 1st real whiff of a smoke yeserday, as I parked my car, the person in the car next to mine was smoking. Now does this count as a slip since I kinda lingered in my car for a few seconds longer, I mean there was a really REALLY good song on the radio afterall. Just asking. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh, Gonna, I LOVE that you have a "crave cart"!!! Just shows you that you have to have your coping skills with you at all times! So very glad that you got out of there and even that you bit the steering wheel! I think you are awesome for getting through this, and every time you go through something like this that challenges you, you and your resolve get stronger! Way to go! Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Now Gonna you can't say this site isn't here for you when you need it....who else would SLAP you at just the right time. I'll send ice if it starts to swell. (By the way, what does a steering wheel taste like and....who did lick that jellyfish???) You see why it's great to have this BIG support group around you.........because we're all here to hold you up....and Cyber will slap you back into shape when you need it. I don't know if this happens to you guys, but at times when I think I might cave I always think about you guys. (Oh sh** ... there's that d*** Gonna sittin on my shoulder again...you guys are my other conscience! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, Gonna! :) nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Gonna, by tonight you'll be doing the smoke free happy dance, so glad you resisted temptation. Might have to restock that "crave cart". Get that kettle going and make a relaxing cup of tea. (Is there such a thing?). Keep the good fight going, Gonna. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love the crave cart!!! lol I have a bag in my purse I stock every morning before work. Do what ever you have to stay quit. I am packing on the lbs but I will work those off later. Your doing great!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serves you right! Only joking you didn't bend I have been so close at times. Yes sweating,shaking,couldnt drive!!! Well done!!! Phil xx PS If you are going to be sick please go outside with the smokers!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �430.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW! I wouldnt want to get too close to you when you crave You bite!!! Cybrduke is slapping you are biting I am out of here!! Me xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �430.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job Gonna for resisting temptation!!!!! Way to go!!!!! You did good. Reward yourself when you get home for making it through. You're doing awesome! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1515.71 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonna I reading your post and reeling from it and from all the other posts that follow. In your bag of coping mechanism, I would add a stand up comedy routine for you. One that you come here, perform, and entertain us please whenever possible. You arw witty, have a great quit, attitude, and you are one of those that we all shall see at where you ask? Well of course, the �Light at the End of the Tunnel�. Funny, funny gal and I thank you ?!

Reading this thread: