Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,656 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

I never thought I'd feel like this..

17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing, Doodlebug! Well said! :) nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Doodlebug - that's good to know! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doodlebug Wonderful How long has it taken? Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �362.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doodlebug congratulations, so happy for you :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,897 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
doodlebug, good for you I can't wait until I am there. Sullydog [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,787 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $685 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doodlebug: Pass the pill bottle down to this side of the table, please! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To Phil who asked how long does it take: everyone is different. Taking the proverbial turn is within every quitter's grasp. It is a lightbulb moment imo. I reached out and took it between week 4 and 6. We all come to the mental realization in our own time. The realization is that you can reach out and take it whenever you chose. It is a choice. Like doodlebug said: [quote]your mind is such a destructive tool sometimes...you get caught up in believing your thoughts and they hold you back.[/quote] [quote]Every time you face a challenging situation think about the ideal outcome - what you really want is to be a comfortable, happy ex smoker having a great time[/quote] Congrats to you doodlebug ... I am sooooooooo uber happy for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $632 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 19

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Doodlebug. Glad you're happily enjoying your new found freedom! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I never thought this would happen....I never thought I would really feel like this...I never want to smoke another cigarette again! - woohoo! dreams do come true! I have woken up after stressing about going to a party, avoided parties really....thought they'll never be the same again without smoking etc...but after posting here I went and had the best time ever...and just like that its gone....I feel completely different, like a new person. I have read many posts from people and constantly wondered if that would ever happen to me. Sure I've quit, had my ups and downs but never thought I would feel like this...excited, a new life, I can do anything now....your mind is such a destructive tool sometimes...you get caught up in believing your thoughts and they hold you back. So to all the newbies out there...I was one of those smokers that thought I can quit but I'll never really get over the feeling lurking in the back of my mind that told me there was something about smoking I'd always miss....that certain things would never be as good as they were whilst smoking etc. Just wanted you to know that everything those elders tell you will come true eventually....and when it does you'll know your free, really and truely and wonder why it took so long to get there because of how fantastic it feels now. Everyone keep hanging in there, the journey is intense but is such a big pay off in so many ways eventually! Every time you face a challenging situation think about the ideal outcome - what you really want is to be a comfortable, happy ex smoker having a great time or at the very least not thinking about smoking....picture this happening and then make it happen...after the event you feel fantastic. Happy days everyone....I have found my happy pills!
17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone... Been out celebrating my new found freedom! Yes...Its true I still feel like a new person! woohoo! I am on such a high.... how long does it take?...hmmmm tricky question but I'm sure this happened to me because I stopped fighting with myself. I couldnt understand why you would go thru all these changes and keep doubting yourself. I wanted to be happy again, really happy. To do that I had to picture my perfect outcome in the most distressing situation, for me that was socialing. Got my non smoking down pat in almost all situations, it never worries me or enters my end for very long in most senarios except for parties....which I avioded up until now. I knew I had to do something to get past that feeling, it was depressing me, holding me back....anyway I pictured my perfect outcome, what would make me happy? feeling great at a party, not smoking, having fun! thats what I pictured and I just went with that thought. Thats what I tried and it worked for me. Such a simple concept for me but it worked. Your mind is a powerful tool, Positive thinking and all that. I didnt really believe it till now. YOu can all feel this way, I know it will happen when you accept yourself and decide to move forward. All you need to do is trust yourself and know that eventually its going to happen. How soon is up to you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 162 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $923.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: