Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Do you hate this feeling???

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember being in "Survival" Mode almost every minute of the day for the first few days. I still have to go into survival mode at least once or twice but that constant pang isn't always there. As the gnawing cravings start to decrease, I seem to be going through periods of lethargy (depression?) or anger. I am really good at thinking about everything that everyone has ever done that bugs me and getting myself into a big huff! (which has not been my general attitude in the past). I actually kind of enjoy the anger part (as long as I make sure that I don't act on it) but not so much the depression part. I've heard people refer to this as a grieving process and I guess that's what it is. The first few days are unbearable, then we are sad, angry, etc. I need to remember that even when I get through this and enter the "acceptance" phase, that there will be occasions when those old feelings will come back. Yep - I'm tired of the cravings too....but I was tired of living with them on a daily basis when I smoked. I will be glad when they are GONE from my life. Keep going! We're with you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mate! I know how you feel. The good thing about this site is that most people have gone,are going or will go through these patches so they understand. Makes you realise you are not alone.For a while I thought it was just me but it's not. I really thought after the first two weeks that I was over it whistling,singing,showing off. No such luck babe!! See my quit meter I promise you I have not had a single puff and I dont want one but I am far from over it at times I feel awful! Doctors and counsellor in the morning.... Hey Ho! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �357 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ex-slave, when i first quit that was the hardest time of the day for me was the morning time. What I had to do was change my routine. I would Lay in bed for a few min and say my mantra which was "I release cig smoking with ease" I would say this over and over for about 3 min and then I would get up and do my stuff but I would keep busy, take a shower first then have coffee, just change things around. I now wake up and do not even think about having a cig. Sure I think about cigs during the day but not in the way of oh I would like to have one but instead the word just floats in my mind then it goes back out. You are on day 3 don't be so hard on yourself it well get better with time. Just like a bottle of wine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$163,544.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6105 Hours: 13

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing now, Ex-Slave? Have you tried mixing up your usual morning routine and replacing that first cig with other activities? Sometimes that helps... Check in and let us know either way! :) Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$43,121.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 754 Hours: 0

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ex best advise from Rusty one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We sure are funny creatures! We knowingly abuse substances that cause us extreme discomfort to break away from. Even animals in the wild stay away from plants that cause harm (with the exception of some members and there overly-domesticated, alcohol-swigging, nicotine-finger-lickin', gum chewing cats). About 7 or 8 years ago I read about some college students in a coastal town who had discovered that if you lick the slime off of salt-water catfish it has a hallucinogenic effect. Now, I ask you, WHO was the first idiot that found this out and WHY did he have a live fish in his mouth? :quest: I really worry about things like this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 819 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sure it must be especially hard after such a lengthy quit previously. I am sometimes doubtful, like you, that the want ever goes away....Friends that have been quit for some time tell me yes, but that every once in awhile they get a brief twinge. I was kind of hoping that we can jump from where I am at to where, say Shevie, is at without all the struggle....but, no pain, no gain, I suppose. Who was the first SOB who had the wise idea to roll this crap up and smoke it? Come on, Ex, we'll romp through this familiar territory all over again............ :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 790 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Ex Slave. I am sorry you are having such a rough time with quitting. When you were at a 100 days quit, did you still think about smoking first thing in the morning then? Have you added new things to your life and changed up your routine? Have you told your doctor? I wish I could offer some advice that would help. I don't know what to say. But I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and sending some positive thoughts/prayers your way. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,064 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$54,514.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 12

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-slave, Hang in there. Utilize your coping mechanisms and keep trying to distract yourself. Replace that cigarette with other hobbies and interests and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Quitting is hard but it gets easier with every smoke free day you accomplish. You can motivate yourself to accomplish another smoke free day by offering yourself a reward. Keep persevering, Danielle ____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-slave, Don't get mad, get even! Kick that nicodemon to the curb where he belongs! Find new passions to fill that part of your life. P.S. Gonna, you know you have too much time on your hands when... :) Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: