Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

why do I feel like crying every morning?

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ex-slave, sorry for the late reply, but I was thinking that maybe you could discuss your medication with your doctor and consider an alterntative to Wellbutrin. I know many people who were not able to continue taking it to help quit smoking because it had adverse affects - rather than act as an anti-depressant, it actually made them feel very depressed. I weaned myself off of it after about 2 months this time (I had taken it previously) because I was really feeling that I was sad and down a lot more than usual. Even if some of it could be attributed to quitting smoking, I still didn't like how I felt. I do feel much better now that I am off it. I know you still need an alternative medication, maybe you could consider something else. Sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,581 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $927 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-Slave, I wish you luck with this. I know what you are going through. You mentioned that you take Welbutrin or something similar, and have been for 5 years. I'm sure you know all of this already, but in case you don't: Welbutrin can be harmful to people with migraines. My uncle has had severe migraines all his life, and started taking Welbutrin. Within the first week of taking it, he had a seizure, fell down, and got a concussion. No one in our family has EVER had a seizure. The doctor never told him about this connection. Just FYI....hope this helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $244 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi exslave Sorry for the slow response I have been a bit busy. The only clue I can see in your note is coffee! I am an amateur quitter(only a few days) but I found that my coffeee consumption was going up and up over the first couple of weeks and I was getting very miserable. I always drank tes previously but having quit lost the taste for it I am now back on tea and find that I am much calmer and less depressed. Try it and let me know Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there...I feel the same and what I have discovered is that sometimes its not about the smoking this general feeling of being sad and so. Some days in the mornings I almost have panick attacks thinking am I going to make it through the day....and each morning the only thing that seems to give me hope is that I know oneday this life is going to be over and I wont have to struggle no more! I know it sounds so morose and negative but I have been trying to smile more and I have decided I wont let any bad thoughts make me feel bad any more...this world may be out to hurt me but I dont have to keep hurting myself... I actually feel like crying now!! I am dreading the winter months as I dont know how I am going to get through them waking up in the morning when its still dark its stressing me out just thinking about it!! Ex-slave what you can do to may be help you a little bit is even if you dont feel like it force yourself to think of something good or just smile I have to force my self literally but it is helping me get better and fell better x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ex-slave, You have come so far! Look at you! I'm so proud of you for doing this! The depression can be very difficult. I know that I really struggled with it too, up until just a few months ago. So you're not alone. I know that doesn't really help because when you're feeling low, all you want is to quit feeling better... not hearing other people tell you that they felt the same way, but I say that because I know that it can and will get better. I think that going to the doctor to get a different prescription is probably a good idea. Hang in there. You're doing SO great with your quit! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 314 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,863 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1296.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-slave I so understand, hope you feel better soon. Let us know how it's going. Sending you positive vibes Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,238 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
shaila have you seen your Doctor, you seem very sad to me, I'm just thinking you might need some encouragement from a medical source. Hope you do better reward yoursel you deserve it :)Msrie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $344 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Ex-slave a lot a people have posted about the 100 day blah. Apparently it's quite frequent with the quit. Now 100 days that's so great how many cigarettes not smoked and how much money saved? Not mentionning health, your breathing must be much better, your complexion glowing. And easier to breathe, you smell good. I have 2 friends who smoke and they stink and cough I notice it more now. So the morale of the story is as follows don't smoke it's bad for you, you'll stink and you'll hate yourself. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We often have referred in the past to our cigs as our "best friend". I also fund mornings rather blue and I always think of smoking with that first cup of coffee. I agree with Shevie that it is a part of the healing process. If your "best friend" dies, you would be in mourning. I think that's what is happening to us. We are in mourning and just like any other death, it gets easier over time. Hugs and kisses to all OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!! :)
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-slave, Mornings are the hard time for me too. If it weren't for the mornings, I would have whole days when I don't think of smoking but I don't because first thing, I always want to smoke. I don't get depressed, just sit there and crave and then I do sometimes feel sorry for myself. Is it possible that you are feeling sorry because you can't smoke? Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$74,943.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6524 Hours: 10

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: