Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,677 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

I Can't Have a Puff, Really! Really!

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for your support and feedback. I know I am being unrealistic and expecting too much, too soon. I guess I felt too good the first few days, just from sheer relief to finally have taken the step so I had no where to go but back down to reality. Free, I really love your quote on "worry", it's so true - a real waste of energy for sure but hard to refrain from none the less.In any event, I'm still hanging in there.I have been a miserable "B" lately but I haven't given in. My husband still smokes and that isn't helping but this has to be about me, not him. It helps hearing you all say it gets better. I have 3 weeks today and I really don't want to start over again. Besides, I hate to lose at anything and that's how I'll feel if I smoke again. I really haven't given myself any rewards yet - nothing seems to matter that much. I realize I'm depressed and it pisses me off, but right now I'm just trying to feel whatever it is I have to feel and just keep moving forward. Again, thanks for all your positive thoughts, it really does help.
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have 18 days now and it seems to be getting worse. I guess I expected it to get steadily easier but it almost seems like the reverse. I just keep telling myself it will pass and it does but sometimes the cravings keep coming one after another. I wanted to quit so badly because I was making myself nuts with worry about getting cancer or some other lovely disease. Fact is, I may still get it and I'm still worrying. I also thought I would feel better physically. I exercise about 5x a week and I kept telling myself my cardio workout would be so much easier but actually, I notice very little difference. I don't seem to be smelling or tasting anything any better either, and overall, I am feeling worse physically than when I was smoking. I can't sleep and I'm exhausted all the time. I am on the patch so I can't wait to see what the real withdrawals are like!. I guess all this boils down to being disillusioned. I'm a quick fix kind of person (I guess that's why I smoked) and there just aren't that many immediate gratifications to quitting. I almost forgot all the reasons I wanted to quit in the first place. The only reason I haven't smoked yet is that I don't want to have to start over again. But I am getting very nervous. When I read all these posts about how hard it continues to be for people after extended periods of time, I feel like I'm not going to make it. I guess I'll keep taking it one day at a time and hope for the best.
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
look at how many ciggies you have not smoked now that is an acheivement...even if you slip up it will be easier this time round to quit again as you know what to expect and how to deal with those triggers!! stay strong!!
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bg I am with you. I only have 2weeks in. It took me 3 months to get here. No way would I want to do it again. I found reading about the effects of smoking on body a great deturant for me. Everyone is diff. You have messed up before, and got back to it. How long did it take. Next time might take longer to quit. Next time might be harder. No way Do whatever you can to stay away from that nasty, evil thang. Not worth you life. You are to important, and strong to cave. Keep the quit lose the fag. Grace
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BG, I hope you are doing ok. I hope you can stay strong and positive. Try not to dwell on it. Give yourself something to look forward to. YOU CAN DO IT. Keep on keepin on. my man you can make it. Just beleive in your self. You got the power. Grace
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi BG, I was just checking in seeing how you are doing. You were on my mind today for some reason. After seeing that thing on the news yesterday about the cig co that really pissed me off I thought man those drug dealers never stop they just keep on trying to get us at every turn. I am not going to give in to there B.S. anymore and I hope you have the stamina not to either. If you don't have the stamina try alittle anger it seems to be working for me. take car and please keep up your quit. just keep thinking I am not going to let them win. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$163,569.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6106 Hours: 13

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have come so far let me tell you what happen to me I was quit for 22 days and i had a cig not just one but about a pack this was the 17th of Aug. How did I feel! oh my gosh I felt sick to my stomach, sinesus are hurting, muscles ache, metal taste in my mouth, eyes became red, head hurt, but I kept smoking util friday the 18th and I quit again. What did I learn is that this sh**t is full of poison and man this really hit home for me. It is very hard starting over that also is a pain in the ass along with the flue like poison symptoms so it really is not worth it. If you are dreaming about it stop it is more like a nightmare. you need to stay clean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$163,569.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6106 Hours: 13

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have your tried using the patch or other NRT?
I can see that but I would hope that the withdrawals would be minor because you start at 25 mg for some weeks, then 14 mg for some weeks, then 7 mg for two weeks I thought. Do you think if you just used a 7 mg for a short while say several hours a day putting it on and leaving it on for an hour or so and then taking it off might that help get you off the withdrawals? That method worked for me.
You got the spirit! Don't forget to ask for assistance here if and when you need it.

Reading this thread: