Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

What is a crave?

17 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post RD, It is great that the quitters with more experience and knowledge are here helping to guide us along, understand and give us great hints. dawghouse :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's a jones. man. I start jonesing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A crave is an coercive demand. It is abusive, and should have no emotional standing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BG - I think you and I are from the same part of the country and of the same age. lol Midwest? Mid to late 30's? RD Man, I was just reading that a "crave" was that empty feeling that needs to be fed or filled, and an urge is the thing that strikes you out of habbit. i dunno how much truth there is to that.. LOL.. not sure of much of anything anymore. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $338 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really crave banana splits sometimes :) I dont crave the "fix" anymore. Thanks River, makes it an easier journey when you know the enemy, read as much as you can about this addiction knowledge is power the more you know the easier it will be to fight. N.O.P.E PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RiverdaleM, life is all about choices, you choose not to give in to the crave, now that we have all this knowledge about the addiction,we can fight it, I truly believe knowledge is power. you are doing great fighting the good fight one day at a time. Have a great weekend :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 899 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I crave french fries, (love them) but I don't crave a smoke I just want to feel good when I don't. Does that make sense? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob47, There is no rule about sharing your experiences in dealing with cravings, whether you are on day 1 or day 500. We are all here to learn from each other and everyone' quit is different. Whatever label you choose to describe your experience is completely up to you as all personal experiences are subjective. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 137 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
riverdaleman: Great posts. Slowly and steady we will win the race of our lives. Congrats on your quit noel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip- it's hard to deduce what's going on half the time here at the SSC because I have intentionally been staying away; but when I check in, there seems to be a lot of deleted/edited posts and an undertone of frustration in the remainder. So please forgive me if I'm off base. Is this garbage about it being impossible for people to have cravings after a certain amount of time still going on???? Is there some rule here that I'm unaware of that says you better not post about a crave after a certain amount of time or you will be "corrected"? This is a real shame. To tell someone they're not feeling something, or can't be feeling something...when they are, is just a little condescending, to say the least. What really gets me is the plethora of replies, thumbs-ups, etc, for the person who just drank too much and smoked a few and feels horrible and wants to be forgiven....so nice.....and then compare that to the person who is struggling, craving and just in need of a little pat on the back......apparently it makes people here uncomfortable to consider that 6-9 months down the road you really could crave. :mad: It's reality. Sorry if it ain't in line with Allen Carr's book. And that's why you don't see much of me here except when someone really needs more than a slogan to keep going. Ugh Proud to be struggling and not slipping! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 175 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,037 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1575 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: