Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,674 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Writing a book.

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dutch, The easiest part was walking away from a full pack of smokes and saying no thats it im done with this. For me the hardest part was and still is the mind games. At times i felt like i was two different people like having the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. I am much more clever than the addict in me and i as i have quit a couple of times before i knew what to look out for, i knew the traps. Im babbling lol, i hope that answers your question. Have a great day PrincessC :) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $163.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoi Dutch Late reaction to this post, because I've been to see my mum in Antwerpen for a few days.. Easiest part was the decision, I was thinking about it for a long time, so when Ian was ready to quit, I joined him. Hardest part is that I still feel like I can't relax or chat without a cigarette. And that I feel like I'm not really me. And 'social events' are a big test... Have fun writing! Kusje van je quit-zusje! ps nog niets gehoord.. Heb jij nog andere ideeen? Dit moet toch lukken! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daatske, volgens mij is het al gelukt. Ik heb je op mijn lijst staan. Kusje zusje :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �365.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Oh oh oh....I have been translating all you guys wrote for my book and it's going to be sooooo good. All your nicknames are in the book. Everyone who is going to read my book will be smiling. My daughter read it and she was lauging away. This book is going to be a bestseller she said.....lol (I wouldn't mind though). I hope to get more replies from all of you. It's good for the people who are thinking about quiting to know what other people felt and went through. Hugs :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,956 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �348.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Hi all, thanks again for the replies. It's really useful for my book. I hope some more people will reply too. If you know someone here please ask them to write something for my book. Hugs :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �348.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Thanks for the replies. I''m going to make a chapter on all you wrote because it's important that quiters know we are all different. In the mean time I hope for some more reactions. Hugs :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,942 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �345.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Thanks Princess, this kind of answers are just what I need. :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �345.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Hi all quiters :) As you may or may not know I am writing a book about quiting smoking. I'm almost done with it but I have a question for all of you. What part of not smoking should be definitaly (not sure spelling is ok lol) in my book. I mean: What part of stopping was the easiest or the hardest for you? My book is mostly about the mindpart of the quiting. I need to have more opinions than just my own. I hope some of you can help me. Dutch hugs: :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �345.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Hello all, Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. Hugs from Holland :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,003 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �354 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hello quitters, Would you please reply to this post because I need a little more opinions. Thank you so much. Hugs :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �351.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: