Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Well, this is it.

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Free - first of all lots of hugs from the new kid on the block! Secondly, PM me PLEASE. Not sure where you guys live, but I know someone in the Payroll/HR software field who MIGHT be able to recommend someone or pass on a resume. Hugs! TK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$181,712.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 9

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so sorry to hear that..that is so sad!! keep up the good work that you are doing for you and your family!! xx
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Free - what does your husband do? I just heard that Otto trucking is looking for a west side terminal manager - they bid on jobs and all sorts of things such as that. I heard it from my ex husband who can't tell the truth to save his life so check on it with the intention of "checking on it" if he's interested. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $598 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
omigosh - I do not know how I missed this thread all along. I have been where you are, and I know just how you feel. Just keep in mind that it won't last forever. Things do and will get better. It may -seem- worse for a while because as human beings we do not like change, and as women we do not like having our security threatened. So, try to remember that even though things may change, and they may change in ways that we never wanted and never thought would happen, that you're going to be OK. Things change and shake us out of our comfort zone, and we find something better in the long run. You have great things in store for you.
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Free - just wanted to add my thoughts to the others. Your post about sitting with your 2 yr old when you went to get help, the people around you etc., just struck such a chord with me. I gave up a good job and good money to follow my hubby in his, just before he told me our marriage was over! I had to go - here it's called the Benefits Agency - and sit in an office just as you describe. Thinking I had sunk to the lowest of the low to be in amongst "those people". I was scared, I was ground down, I imagined all kids of dreadful outcomes for myself and my kids. I took myself back to University and worked my socks off, whilst working part time and having the kids full time. And still couldn't get a job. Madness! All I can tell you is, life really DOES have a way of working out. Years down the line, my kids have turned out just fine. I have learned and benefitted in ways I'd never have imagined. So many plus points along the way. I consider me and my little family have been blessed. Even although there has never been money the way there once was. It's amazing how much fulfilment you can find in other ways, and how much pride in getting by on less. Being in a room with "those people" doesn't make you one of them. Hold your head up. Have pride in what achievements you and your family have - not least of all, stopping smoking. And have faith. it's amazing what can come along just when you least expect it. Thinking of you here in Scotland. S x
17 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs and prayers to you Breaking Free. You do what you must do for your family, no shame in that. I've been there, done that too. I'm so proud of you for staying with your quit. Things WILL get better, like they say it is always darkest before the dawn. We've seen some beautiful sunrises! Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers. I love you, Auntie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,429 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $342.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Hi Breaking Free, I've been thinking of you and praying for you. I'm so proud of you for keeping with your quit during all this, shows just how strong a person you are. I still believe everything happens for a reason, and you hubby losing his job may just turn out to be the best thing that could ever happen. I certainly hope so. When you are rolling in the dough remember me.lol Love to you and your family, Auntie ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 579 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hi Breaking Free, just want to add my 2 cents worth. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I truly believe things happen for a reason. The saying goes... when life throws you lemons.... it"s time to make lemonade. sounds to me like you're doing just that. Best of luck to you and yours. Love, Auntie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 351 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ditto, ditto to what Rusty said. Free you are an incredibly strong and caring person, keep that part of you close at hand. I am so thinking of you and have you and your family in my prayers. Remember life is wonderful, even in the tough times. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BF, so glad you updated us, was just thinking about your situation. We are still hoping and praying that things happen very well for you. Wow that's great that he is getting more interviews, you know what's going to happen....all of them are going to offer him great jobs at the same time and then he will get his choice of them. I have great hopes for this. You are very strong and I am so proud of the way you have handled this situation. You are ahead of me and have given me much strength. I am praying for great things for you and your family and will keep you in my thoughts. Way to go BF, your family is very lucky to have you. And we here are very lucky to have you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: