Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,528 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The battle begins NOW!!!!

17 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PrincessC......glad my story made you giggle.....LOL I just got to ask.....what does this mean???? You know you can do this, heck you've got this far. No turning back now ut-ah wont let you. "ut-ah" won't let you??? Am I dense, sorry I don't get it. ......LOL Thanks for your encouragement and stay strong, you are doing AWESOME!!! Marie and Luna....thank-you. You're posts really do help us new folks a lot. And Marie, I can't help but notice that you are 41 or 42 days quit. It gives me strength knowing that after such a brief period of time, I too will be as confident as you. You seem to strong and confident in your quit to me. That's great!!! HI JAN!!!! Sorry, I do have a hard time keeping up with posts on here but was curious to know how long you have been quit???? Glad the taking the patch off at night is working for you too. Have a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY ALL!! had enough [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
I'm on day 4........yippie!!!!! it ain't over yet but let me tell you, today the real battle begun for myself. I had the worst sleep of my life lastnight, so I got up and threw my box of patches in the garbage, only to retrieve them about an hour later.....LOL and slap one on. The negative mind games stayed with me most of today. I struggled constantly with thoughts of smoking and managed to turn every negative thought into a good one. Even came up with a plan on what to spend the saved money on. I tried to keep busy but the lack of sleep lastnight has me drained today, so I haven't done a whole lot of anything. I'm soo SICK and TIRED of trying to quit smoking, that I tell myself constantly that this IS THE LAST TIME, you never have to do this withdrawl stuff again and that also seems to work for me. I also keep thinking about what a rough week I went through when I quit drinking and tell myself that I feel so much better for quitting the alcohol and I only really suffered bad for a week so I CAN make it through a rough week of withdrawls from quitting smoking too and the benefits will be a nice reward. Mind games.....yes they suck but this is ONE BATTLE I WILL WIN!!!!! I cried for no reason today, got mad thinking about what a lousy MOM I had as a parent, got angry at the cat for wanting fed, laughed for the longest time over some dumb remark the D.J. made on the radio, sang and danced to the radio, curled up on the couch like a baby who just lost her pacifier and cried for a while, went outside and weeded flower beds, drank a lot of ice water today but still no appetite with the heartburn bothering me as much as it is. SEE, this addiction for what it is........it's trying to tell me to smoke and is making me do all kinds of crazy things, happy one minute, sad the next, angry the next minute.......that's all it is.........an addiction. A WORD>>>>A MIND GAME!!!!! I'm stronger.....much stronger than an addiction and no matter how goofy I look crying or curled up on the couch......I STILL WIN over the addiction and I have comfort in knowing that as each day passes, ADDICTION will just become weaker and I WILL become stronger.........oh the joys of quitting.......sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself. I read on this site today, twice during some bad craves t
Thanks Josie, Joe and PrincessC. Princess you are doing AWESOME yourself!!! And Joe thanks for the advice. I think I will try to NOT sleep with the patch on and see how it goes. I've been smoking for 28 years and I know that it will take time to overcome not only the withdrawls but also the habits from smoking......I'm just being impatient. Mind over matter...........and sweating is another thing I have happening too. I just know it's the yuckky toxins causing the sweats, as I never sweated much before or it could be age :eg: had enough [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Thanks Dutch Fini and Marie. I slept with the patch off lastnight and didn't have the weird dreams that I was having with it on. So no more patch at night for me. I'm dealing with a lot of idiots, complete, ignorant idiots right now and DETERMINED NOT to let them get to me. For instance: my father-in-law decides we should have a sasparalla(sp?) that's what he calls a rum and pepsi. Nothing unusual, we always had a few drinks together and I enjoyed drinking with the man, BUT HE KNOWS I QUIT!!! :eg: Why can't people take NO for an answer?????? He tried so hard yesterday to coax me into having a drink!!! I drive my 15 year old to work this morning and when I get there, the lady she works for whom I know well, says, geeze, you look like you could use a smoke!!! I TOLD THE LADY I HAD QUIT!!!!!! Was she trying to get the best of me???? She doesn't smoke, and what the heck does a person look like that needs a smoke???? I'm just getting real frustrated at many comments I have heard lately from family and friends and I find myself weaken when I hear them. I almost said the heck with it today and bought a pack. I didn't and what kept me from buying them was my OWN SELF ESTEEM!!!! I thought about it for a while then thought, nope, I'm not out to prove to anyone but myself that I CAN DO THIS and because I CHOSE to make the two choices in my life that I made then the only person I'll be letting down is MYSELF!!! I'm going on a nice vacation with the money I save from booth the smokes and booze and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it, sober and smober. Yes today has been rough so far...can you tell.......LOL. Better days ahead.......better days ahead........better days ahead.......deep breaths.............deep breaths............ :) had enough [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Thanks Danielle. I did ignore them, said nothing like I wanted to say back to them but it does get to me. I signed up on the alcohol support site today and I know that site will help me too. Nice to meet you BonBon. Thanks for the encouragement and CONGRATS on your 35 days smober. :) I find the days long even today, although I worked my butt off cleaning and cooking. Night time seems to be easier for me when all the family is home. Guess it's just fighting the demons when I'm alone that I have the most trouble with. But in 6 hours from now, another day will smoke-free for me and I will have to admitt........I'M PROUD OF MYSELF!!!! [img]http://bestsmileys.com/big/1.gif[/img] had enough [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This was an excellent post and wanted to bump it to share with the newbies. PrincessC :) x
lol Had enough you story made me giggle, im so glad to see that in your time of frustration and irritation you stood up to them all, said NO and didnt cave. We secretly know that people who we leave behind (other drinkers or other smokers) are left sitting on the porch alone (so to speak) if you think of it in terms of not only an adjustment for you but an adjustment for everyone. Like you, they had their own habits too and all they want is for it to be the way it used to be. This is such a positive amazing thing you are doing for YOU. I look out for your posts awaiting your update. You know you can do this, heck you've got this far. No turning back now ut-ah wont let you :) Keep smiling even through gritted teeth - keep smiling Celeste :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 321 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi Had Enough, Im only in the early stages of my quit also but i remember in the first few days i felt like i was going a little crazy my head was trying to convince my body that i would not survive without smoking ppffftt, i affirmed to myself i could indeed survive without it. I used the tools on the left and held on for dear life. Im getting pretty good at telling my junkie self to deal with the fact that its been evicted :) You are doing such an awesome job, you only have a few more days of hell week. You have done so well and you should be very proud of yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
This part of your story made me giggle (laugh) [quote] Im dealing with a lot of idiots, complete, ignorant idiots right now and DETERMINED NOT to let them get to me. [/quote] It just reminded me of the people around me and how they reacted to my quit, my nephews girlfriend turned around to me and said "you didnt ask my permission if you could quit" (she is still smoking). I identified with your situation. :) PrincessC [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job had enough, we are very proud of you. You are right the only person you would let down is YOURSELF and you are so worth this quit. You can do this, you can do this, you can do this. Together WE will get it done. Post as often as you want and REALLY you can say anything you want to us, we will still be here in the end. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: