Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,698 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH

going on vacation w/ my 2 boys and a smoker

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL!!! Whatever it takes, right? Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$74,974.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6527 Hours: 5

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, this is really bad but I use my ex husband a lot to get over cravings. I don't know if you have proper hate for your ex (or soon to be ex) but it helps me to think about this: He is not quitting, so he is going to die before me. My kids look up to me and not him because he is not quitting. I'm not exposing my kids to second hand smoke like him.\ He's going to be sick a feable. Might as well use hate to your advantage! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$74,974.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6527 Hours: 5

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, Have fun with your sister and come visit us if you have a hard time. If not, we look forward to hear all about it when you get back. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have fun ex-slave, sounds like your well prepared. We look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ex-Slave for asking this question and thanks to all for their responses. I have the same thing coming up. Instead of Ex-husband, it's my sister. I know she's going to smoke up the room. I have been with her while she was smoking and I have been quit. I found that after the first 5 minutes, I didn't even notice the smell. I don't know about being stuck with her though for a week. It will be okay- I'll take my patches and hard candy or lollipops. Sorry, for jumping in the middle of this thread. It's just been on my mind. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have a Great Time Ex-slave! Thanks Danielle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ex-slave, Congrats on 30 days! That is quite the achievement!!! :) Well if I were in your shoes (and I was around smokers alot in my first 30 days) remind yourself of the reasons you wanted to quit in the first place and revisit your coping skills in the program here. Write in your journal about what you will do on this trip to avoid the temptation and then print it out and take it with you. Remember when you see him light up, say to yourself that it is your health on the line and that this is your quit and nothing will threaten that quit, not even seeing him with a cig. Remember how nasty it is and walk away when he does light up, telling yourself of the reasons you DON'T want to smoke. And then stick to your committment on this trip. N.O.P.E. Just don't take one puff and you will be fine ex :) I hope you have a wonderful trip and will be sending many blessings your way for this!!! Stay strong you CAN get through this. Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 681 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear x slave I had a weekend away with mostly smokers about 30 days into my quit. I was really nervous about the whole gig. But looking back the anticipation of that weekend was more stressful then the actual weekend. Hopefully, your x (the smoker) will ask if you mind if he smokes and you can say no It doesn't bother me or tempt me.....I am over that. I kept answering that qiestion with those words and one day I actaully started to believe it myself! LOL Try to focus on the positive things of your quit.....for instance what a great example you are to your boys. And focus on the fact that you do not want your boys to see you fail at this quit. This situation could mold your boys thoughts on their own NONsmoking future. Also it could show them confidence and commitment. Have a great vacation, let us know how it went when you get back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ex-slave - be prepared for the big craves, know what you will do, so you are ready for anything... Get in focus the reasons you quit. And just hold on tight:) Blessings - Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $553.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone, well, I'm off to San Fran in a few minutes. I have straws to chew on, some 2mg nic lozenges, and some mints. CA is a very non smoking atmoshpere, so my ex will probably have to leave the restaurants etc to go smoke and I will be inside SMOKE FREE YIPEE with the boys! Thanks for all the suggestions EVE. And, no, mama, I don't hate my ex! But, you gave me a good laugh. Zany, I would politely request that your sister step outside the room to smoke..she should know better. And thanks to you Healer and Ironic for the positive vibes. You all have helped me get mentally prepared. I'll be back on Friday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $146.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$90,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 19

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: