Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Walls?

18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know about walls but it seems like my worse day was about 8 or 9 too. I seem to have the most trouble on the weekends, so I am gearing up for that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 13

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me, it was the part of reaching freedom. So, when those walls came up out of nowhere, and it seemed like they were too tall, I just thought of a life without smoking. A life I could be proud of with my children. It made those walls climb-able. Keep the positive attitude. That sure makes you feel as if you can conquer anything!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nomad1973 - Withdrawels... walls - whatever we call them... they are nick trying to find a crack in your wall :) for that junkie thinking. One step at a time, hold on tight, and protect your Quit w/absolutely everything you have. Your Quit is an infant right now, and it needs constant protection so it doesn't get hurt... Hang in - you are doing great. Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $483.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are there withdrawal walls? I know runners hit walls when they're in a race, but this is my first somewhat successful quit. I'm still on the 14mg patch, but that's only for two more days, and then it's down to 7mg for a week, then I'm off that (hopefully). I hit what I'll call a wall Wednesday where I was going crazy and the demon was beating me over the head, and then Thursday it seems like he's finally figured out he's lost this one.... I feel more alive than I have in as long as I can remember... :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$181,676.62

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7409 Hours: 13

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Nomad. Based on my experinece here, there tend to be certain periods that quitters in general have difficulty. The first seems to be around 30 days. I think around this time the "new" has worn off the quit, the initial excitement has been replaced with tiredness, yet the craves still seem to come on from time to time. They are nothing like the first week or two, but being tired seems to make them much worse. A lot of quitters lose it out of dispair during this time. You will get through it if you just hang on. The second is around 100 days. The actual timing is somewhere between 80 and 120 days, but most occur between 80 and 100. The problems here are intense craves that hit out of the blue and last from a couple of days up to a week. Many say they are worse than the craves of the first couple of weeks. For me, they lasted three days and were the worst of my quit. They, too, can be gotten through if you just hang on. Then there seems to be a couple more at 6 months and/or 10 months. For some reason a lot of people lose it at 10 months. Of course, there are variations on the above. Some follow this pattern exactly, some don't even come close. Just because it happens/doesn't happen to most doesn't mean it will/won't happen to you. Above all else, when the going gets rough remember that it is temporary. Temporary may be a week, but it will pass. When you do and you emerge on the other side smoke-free, the feelings of pride, success, and freedom are extraordinary. Congratulations on 6 awesome, smoke-free days, Nomad. You're doing great! :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 389 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,789 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1478.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nomad, Your coming along nicely :) What you were feeling was normal and it will pass. Take the time to walk right through those walls and let us guide you. We are always here for support and knowledge. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: