Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

BRAIN FARTS!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bogbott, Stay strong you are doing great! Look at your quit days, 153, this is fantastic! Keep up the great work! Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay. I 100% agree with Butterfly Swimmer. I consider myself an ex-smoker, not a non-smoker. I think a non-smoker doesn't think of smoking or not smoking. A cig just doesn't enter into their minds. An ex-smoker thinks of not smoking. It's just like the skinny ones. Those who are born with a naturally beautiful body (you know the ones). It seems skinny people just don't think about food, or they just don't dont obsess with it. They dont deny themselves, they dont indulge themselves. Food just isn't important to them. They eat to survive only. Choosing to not smoke is the bravest decision. It should be the only decision. Take care, and don't do that again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bogbott, I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said by your great friends here, yet I just wanted to tell you what a delight I have always found you to be. And no matter how many times you "slip", slide, careen, or just plain run full tilt into a ciggie, you are a great asset to this site and I love hearing your advice and how you are doing. Please hang in there, you WILL get this done!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/Finger_fing31.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,767 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $605.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok,so yesterday as duffis would say i had a brian fart!!! i new it was coming ,just a matter of time! i have let things get so totaly out of hand lately. beleaving im sooooooooo hard done by,that no one is suffering like i am!!!!!! i so totaly beleaved that i was craving a fag ,oh to feel that smoke going down my throat to feel the tip between my lips, to draw and inhale as deep as i could on this long lost friend. i tell you the truth,i tryed really hard to enjoy the 4 drags i had ,really took it down deep!evan though it hurt like hell i wouldnt be put off,try again!!got to the 4th and gave in! it was horrid! and i mean horrid.my throat hurt,i coughed like i hadent in a long time, i really didnt like it one bit.i threw the fag out he window closely followd by the pkt id brought!�2.50 out the window but it was worth it!i no ive been romancing it.i just have not excepted that im a non smoker yet!im a smoker trying to quit, i will be a smoker trying to quit in 20 years time if i dont except it!!!!!!!!!!!.i can just imagin someone asking me in 20 years if i have a light and i will say "no sorry im trying to quit!!!"lol i dont know how to except it i know once i have i will be home and dry! how many times must i try it to get it into my very thick head that i really dont want to do it!!!!??????????? maybe now would be a good time for hypnosis!! ive been off the gum for wot nearly 3 weeks and i have put on 7lbs already!!thats just 1 of the other things that needs seeing to! dont shout at me ,i know wot i did was very risky.but i had to try i really thought that was wot i wanted and i suppose it was, its just that i didnt like it anymore! a bit like wanting a sweet that you used to like as a kidd but when you try it ,its soooooooooo sweet and sticky you cant evan finish it! you wouldnt give haveing another sweet a second thought so why im i not doin the same for smokin!? i have to find a way out of this or its going to swollow me up ant hints would br good right now. ok jans now on the floor ,head down waiting for the **** to hit the fan!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,836 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �604.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B
OH BUGGER ! I KNEW SHE,D BE AFTER ME!!!!ANYONE GOT SOMEWARE TO [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/bogbott/36_1_15.gif[/IMG]HIDE!
THANKS GIRLS FOR BEING HERE AND KEEPING WITH ME ON THIS! I WILL GET THERE.I WAS ALWAYS ONE THAT NEED PULLING BY THE SCRUFF OF THE NECK! I THINK I WILL HAVE TO REDO SOME POSTERS FOR THE HOUSE AND MY CAR."IM AN EX SMOKER"I CANT GET IT INTO MY HEAD BUT IF I READ IT OFTEN IT MAY HELP. I THINK THAT WAS MY 3RD TIME ,SO HOPEFULLY ITS 3RD TIME LUCKY AND ITS THE LAST! IM SO DAM LUCKY IN MY LIFE WITH ALL I HAVE AROUND ME ,WHILE OTHERS HAVE LOSS AND ILLNESS I COULD SLAP MYSELF SOMTIMES.
JUST TO ADD ,I AM NOT SAYING I SLIPPED I DIDNT SLIP, I RAN INTO THE BLOODY SHOP NEW WOT I WAS DOING, GOT A PKT OF TEN OF THE ONES I USED TO LIKE AND WENT TO MY CAR TO SMOKE IT. IT WAS NOT A SLIP.I WAS VERY DELIBERATE IN WOT I DID. I KNOW YOU LOVE ME LADY! B/S ALL THIS TIME IVE BEEN USEING THE TERM NON SMOKER,EX SMOKER SOUNDS BETTER!I HAVE NOW GOT TO GET THAT THOUGHT INTO MY THICK HEAD! AND NO DONT YOU DARE GO JUMP OF THAT BRIDGE! SHEVIE, YOU GOT IT IN ONE!!!YOU UNDERSTOOD! LOVE YA ALL JAN XX
On the positive side, Jan, you only took four drags, you threw that expensive pack away, you are really really sure smoking sucks and so feel proud that you jumped right back on the quit wagon. Some of us would have been right back at a pack a day again in no time. Whew, that was risky and you are lucky enough to still be an ex-smoker :) Does that dirty rotten scoundrel nicodemon ever go away and stay away? Smack the junkie, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 235 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now I'm back with more time and my broom! Jan.. you have made it through some really tough times without smoking. You know what you have to do and you also know that you can do it. Now you have also added the knowledge that what you were romanticizing was nasty, stinky, and made you cough. There is nothing rewarding about smoking, although we all thought for years that smoking was the only reward worth having. I know that lately you have been thinking a lot about giving in and smoking, maybe this is what you needed to go ahead and make that final step into your forever quit. The next time those thoughts start to haunt you, dismiss them immediately. They only have as much control over you as you allow them to have. Laugh the junkie thinking off and just keep going. You know we are here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know how to do the cool link-click here thing so I went to the main forum and bumped the slipping game for you. Please go read it. I really don't know what else I can say. You know we love you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: