Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

PENITENT HAS TEN YEARS AND COUNTING!!!!

9 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, 10 years that's great. I feel like a newbie now!
9 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My oh my, what a wonderful surprise!!

Martha, thanks for dropping by! As another member of the '04 gang (August I think) you are about to hit 10 years quit too! Please come back for that!

I do hope all is well with you and that you remain happily smokefree! I'm sure you are!!!

So good to hear from you,
Wishing you all the best,
Pen

• Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 7

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My word!  I haven't been on the SSC in probably five years?  I couldn't remember my quit day so I had to log back in.  What a pleasant surprise to see some familiar names and from a fantastic group of people.  

Congrats Pen, ten years is an amazing achievement and finding love makes the deal so much sweeter.  Great to see you and Luna are still going strong and that you two keep journeying forward together.  It looks like you've stuck around to lend a hand to those coming up behind you which is just another testament to your dedication and goodwill.

Take good care of yourself and be well :) 
  • Quit Meter

$36,920.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 638 Hours: 13

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Ron,

I love it when people who I have shared this wonderful path with, return to share successes! I was ancient at 4 for sure, and now you are very ancient at 6!! And proud, and rightfully so!!

Back your way soon to be with Luna for a month, who, like you, doesn't live in Canada!

Keep on keeping on!!

Pen

• Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pen
Congrats on the 10 years.  I remember when I quit you were considered ANCIENT in quitting at 4 plus years when I quit.  Now I think I'm right behind you and going strong.  Thanks for all your inspirational
no nonsense advise you have given me and others.  It is the only way to quit this crazy addiction.  Glad you are having some fun and taking some adventures soon.  Lots to see out there.  You deserve it all...
Happy belated,
Ron 
Hi Hamlet,

Thanks for the compliment! I don't think we've ever been acquainted but I can see from your stats that you are over a year quit which means it should be done! And for that, the congratulations are reciprocated. Well Done!!

Hey Jim,

I will be back in CT in August until the 24th and then for the whole of December (2nd to 30th inc.). Luna and I have been threatening for some while to head South West and specifically to Arizona but domestic issues make that trip difficult at present. If you and Mrs Hot head to this side of the pond you'd better let me know!! One day, somewhere!!!

Cheers both!
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats amazing brilliant
9 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Pen,

I'll leave the light on for ya and always keep the fridge full!!!  It would be great to show you some heartland hospitality!!  Until then, you'll have to let me know when you're back on the east coast and I'll see if I can't make arrangements to drive on up to meet you!  Maybe I'll get a caravan of some of the gang to follow me on up there!  The countdown to my retirement looms ever closer and it may take a couple of years, but I am still planning on taking Mrs. Hot across the pond for a visit!  A whole house remodel is first on my honey-do list after I temporarily lay down the torch, but after that I'll be ready for some traveling! 

Congrats once again, good buddy to both you and Luna!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 7

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hiya Eyja!!!! (shortest poem ever?)

Sorry for my tardy response but thanks from us both for those very special words!!

As well as making my own quit stick and Luna's success too, I gain great pleasure from the success of others here. It will be no surprise to you that your success is right up there in my eyes. As you are now well into your 4th year, I know it is done for you too. I wasn't sure, you wasn't sure but we are both sure now!! Brilliant!!!

All The Best,
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay Pen!  10 YEARS!  I am so glad you are here.  Thanks for all your support and inspiration to so many over the years.  I don't know how many beers have been cracked in your honor, but count me in for a cold one too.  You are the best :)   Huge Congratulations to both you and Luna.   Your story is one from the Hall of Fame book of success - on so many levels!  Xo Pen & Luna  - 2014 is your year - You step up to become our latest 'Perfect 10s'! 

Reading this thread: