Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

...and speaking of indulgent

9 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Working on it, congrats on 2 smoke free trips around the sun.  Don't ya just love all the extra energy you now have?  Here's to the next two smoke free years, and beyond!
9 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Working,

Wow I am so impressed :)  You rock girl! Congrats on your 2 years and Active lifestyle

Carol

9 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so sorry I mean (Best).
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!

Wow, so impressive. Keep enjoying your health. You deserve it.

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brilliant post Working On It! So upbeat, so positive, so winning!!

Many congratulations on a BIG 2 years quit and many congratulations on getting out there and doing it BIG TIME!

Just keep on keeping on Lady!!! No looking back now!

Best Wishes,
Penitent 

• Quit Meter

$56,782.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 14

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Working,

You have achieved so much since you quit, and still it continues.......nothing indulgent here, just facts.  You are amazing!  Enjoy all your rewards!

Love Lolly.    
9 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations ..I wish you all the beast .
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My 2nd nicotine-free anniversary is on May 8th. Once again, I have taken an early reward. Again, it's due to the timing of events beyond my control. 

Since I have quit smoking, I have experienced  a much greater increase in aerobic ability than I had ever expected. I used to have about a maximum distance of 5 miles on my beach cruiser bicycle, and that was about all I could do. Since I've quit, I have taken that thing up to 20 miles on a ride. I've also developed a greater capacity and liking for other forms of exercise: yoga, hiking, running on an elliptical machine at the gym, etc. I've kind of avoided running, due to arthritic knees, but there are plenty of other choices. (BTW, all this exercise has been the reason for my "sweaty guy" avatar right now.) 

So, a month or so ago, an ad for a local "sprint duathlon" popped up on my facebook feed. Since the race was scheduled for the same week of my anniversary of no nicotine, I kind of decided to make this event my reward for this year. It would consist of 1.5 miles running, then a 12.4 mile bicycle ride, and then another 1.8 miles of running. I did some research on how to train for running without destroying my knees with frequent running. I already had the aerobic ability to complete runs, but needed to do some work to strengthen the muscles in my knees.

So today as the big day. I did my first adult racing event with a big group of people. I rode my favorite bike--my blue beach cruiser with no gears , and ran the distance. Actually, I ended up running an extra mile because I got confused and missed a turnaround point. I still made it to the finish line before they cleared the course, and I wasn't even last!  Haha.

...And that, my friends, is what smoke-free lungs can do, even after 25 years of abuse. Yes, there is life after smoking, and it's really good.  

• Quit Meter

$22,541.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 12

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: