Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Working On It Celebrates 1 YEAR!!!

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you to Eyja, Ashley, Sparky, Lolly, and VIV for the acknowledgments. 

Ashley, the one year mark was interesting. I teared up a few times that day, in a kind of bittersweet way. So glad that I quit. So glad to be alive. So sad that it took me so long to get around to doing it. 

Everyone,
It makes me feel really good to know that anything I have written here has been helpful to someone out there. The truth is that I benefit a great deal from writing posts here. I figured out--kind of after I read the Freedom from Nicotine materials--that I was going to have to maintain that positive attitude that HotSiO2 frequently refers to. Writing responses to encourage others reinforces that attitude for myself. In effect, I have been writing my own pep talks when responding to others.

I also remember running out of pep talks for myself one night, and asking for others to give me some new words. Thankfully, HotSiO2 and breather came on with a list of arguments. So I guess I got to give them some review that night, too. I remember how mentally exhausted I was from coming up with all the arguments to NOT slip up at that point. It was so nice to have someone else do it for me at that moment. So I guess I do understand how the words of others can hep to fill us up again when we are empty. 

The other benefit to posting has been to remind myself of certain lessons over and over. When I post a message to a newer quitter, it reminds me of what I was going through not too long ago. It reminds me of how hard it was at the very beginning and of why I don't want to go through that again. 

And finally, just the sense that others are out there reading, that I am being "heard," has been quite helpful. I have noticed in the past year that I have a great need to be heard and understood by others. So even the silent participants on this board are helping just by reading/ listening. 

Truly, everyone who participates on this board has helped me a great deal. I wish Happy Quits to all of you. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,557.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 22

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Working on It, Sorry to be a little late in congratulating you, but its just as well meant. I hope to follow in your footsteps, you have been very supportive to me and its much appreciated. Your slow and steady wins the race.........Is doing it for me. Well done to you and I look forward to hearing some more pearls of wisdom. Viv
  • Quit Meter

$28,441.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 515 Hours: 19

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Working on it,

I add another WOOHOO to the others to congratulate you on a great year quit!  Not only have you achieved your goal of quitting, you have inspired so many with your very erudite and inspiring posts!

Keep on keeping on!

Love Lolly.  
10 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on making it one year   OUTSTANDING!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky 
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Working On It!

Wow, I feel like it was just yesterday when you just started and now here we are at one year already! You have lead a strong and determined quit and have supported so many along the way. Congratulations! 

How does it feel?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Huge Congratulations to you Working On It for achieving this amazing milestone!  As Jim notes - One entire trip around the sun without a nicotine fix needs a whole host of  WOOOOO HOOOOOs for YOU!  It's great to follow your posts and see how you've progressed over the last year.  I've always loved your candid honesty and depth of character - your somewhat unorthodox approach to quitting has served you well and your determination is inspiring.  I'm so glad you lost the smoke but kept the fire!  What you can do with this new confidence and personal power is limitless!

I'm a bit ahead of you in my quit and find the pull of Nicodemom becomes more & more a distant memory than a daily struggle.  I'm excited to have finally found my niche career and am building my clientele and nurturing my sole proprietor business recently and haven't found as much time to check into SSC and post as often as I used to.  But am glad that I caught this important milestone for you.  Thanks for all you do here at SSC in supporting others in their journey as well.  Keep up the great work!  
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Jim. I appreciate all the kind words and support that you give to all of us every day here. You're "atta boys (and girls)" really do make a difference.
  • Quit Meter

$22,557.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 22

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Workin'!!!

Congrats buddy!!!  You've made it a complete trip around the sun without a nicotine fix!  WOOOOO HOOOOO for you!!!  Not only are you an accomplished quitter, you are also one heck of an author!  Today is your day and I hope that you are going to enjoy a special reward, aside from your special one!  You definitely deserve it!

I'm really proud of you!  CLINK!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 21

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter