Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,696 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav, TNIKKA

I survived!

12 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, mama bear! Don't worry much about your weight. Just don't smoke. That's how you quit. After I quit smoking, I was able to lose more than 70 lbs. Like I tell people, smoing didn't make me fat, but it kept me from losing weight. I couldn't exercise as long or as intensely as I needed to while smoking. So that's another way to look at this whole weight thing. It will be easier to lose weight after you quit smoking. Try to do healthy snacking, though
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! We're all always here for ya!
12 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you!! And Happy Holidays to you :)
Hi DeniseK,
 Ya know, I don't really reward myself. I read a book once where this woman has gone through some kind of trauma and she tells her husband to be nice to the baby, meanin herself. I have just kinda adopted that ideal. I am nice to me. You know how crazy life can get with family, work, the dog, the house, now I give myself permission to just stop. I try to keep things as stress free as possible, not put too much on my plate in one day. Stress was (is?) definately my biggest trigger. I am plannin my 6 mo. reward :) and tryin not to let my daughter ruin my zen, lol!
Hope you have a great day!!
I am goin nuts tryin to remember that book now.....
12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mama Bear, you have great stats going there! What are you rewarding yourself with (other than 67 suckers which are a necessity, not a reward, lol)? Keep on posting and reading, you're doing great! DeniseK

12 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Mama bear!

What have you gained from this experience? How can you carry this feeling with you next time you have a crave?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations;  you are on the way up quit mountain.  The climb gets easier each day and don't forget to reward yourself for a job well done.  Hope your holidays are full of cheer.

Duffis
Yay me! Took off my last nic patch Saturday morning and had a really rough few days. Withdrawl was no joke. I felt like goin out and gettin another box of patches, my cravings were that intense. Went through like 67 suckers, lol.
Today I woke up feeling so much better, much more like myself. My confidence is back.
So, a big, fat THANK YOU to everyone here. I just kept loggin on, pokin around, and it helped so much to feel that I am not alone. Seeing the life I've gained and money I've saved so far is way cool :)
Ya'll have a wonderful day!!

Reading this thread: