Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Christmas is in 7 days.. I?ve been smoke free for 4 months...

12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. And breather, just because it took you a while to see that nicotine does nothing but harm you doesn't make you a dummy. It just gave you longer to realize you deserved to be healthy..
12 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats on 4 months smoke free your doing a great job!!!!!
12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristen  It's called growing and it seems to me that you've been doing a lot of that lately. My daughters are a few years older than you and both still smokers. Some learn early and some learn late. One is too many and a thousand cartons never enough. It takes dummies like me years and untold anguish to finally stop. We're told how hard it is to stop but when we actually put the effort in and go through the " process " it becomes quite easy. It becomes easy to stay stopped because you're doing it for you. Excellent for you. breather
Thank you Eyja. Nicodemon can sneak up on you at the most unexpected times... I have thought about being a Life Coach.. I don't know the first way to go about doing it though. I'm hoping after the new year i can get back into school. Finish things right that i didn't get to do when i was younger. It's all a process though and I'm taking it one step at a time! :)
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Sweetheart!  That's one great message you have shared here. It's good food for thought for us all to get through the holiday season without Nicodemon on our backs and just 'one puff' does derail so many 'Quits' at stressful times of the year!   I'm so glad that you're doing better all around and that you recovered from that cold in such a short time.  That's great!  
You know, I've been reading some of your posts and your Hall of Fame submission and I wondered if you have considered becoming a Life Coach?  You mentioned you were looking for a job recently, and I wasn't sure if you'd found one yet. I think you'd be excellent and I believe the pay can be quite lucrative.  Maybe a career option for you?  Just a thought . . .
Thank you both. I actually just got over a cold and what used to last upwards of 3 weeks to a month was gone in 7 days. I was SOO happy!
12 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay! Yay! for you. You aren't imagining anything. Colds, sinus problems, asthma, all improve or don't last as long or don't come as often after you quit smoking. Quitting has all types of health benefits.
12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, Kristin for all you share...and do...and are....

DeniseK 
Don't give into temptation. It WILL get easier. A lot of people just have the mind set that it won't hurt to have "one more puff", but it will eventually hurt you because that one puff could be the deciding factor in if you stay quit or not. 
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great update KristenW88! It is great to hear how you are doing with your quit! It is proof that with time this does get easier. 

What recommendations would you have for people just getting started or on day 1?

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: