Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Guilty Pleasures Reward Day is here!!!

12 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Rock - I soooooo loved your post - excellent idea, however I really don't know what I fancy - I'm on day 8 and the main indulgences for me in the last few days have been =  peanuts, cheese/crackers and pate, strawberry nesquik milkshake to name but a few

Not sure if I can have another guilty pleasure lol 

I'm also a bit like Leslie - the chocs and the salty savouries........
12 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sooooo a chocoholic!  I also love salty foods like salt and vinegar chips! 

Congratulations to you!  You have been an immense help here and I'm sure so many quitters appreciate that!

Thank you for all you've done and will do here at SSC!!

Leslie
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE CELEBRATE WITH ICE CREAM!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, you got me, I'm guilty of celebrating 3 weeks smober with Baskin Robbins Pistachio Almond Ice Cream  but I figure, what the heck, I deserve it (but I hope it's short of gluttony  ). Thanks Rock, for an inspiring story. DeniseK
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Rock!

Members, when is going to be your Guilty Pleasure Reward Day and how will you be celebrating?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glutton!!

• Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 10

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is such a good post. Congrats on stayin quit! Everyone needs that little extra treat everyone once in a while. 
12 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Three years ago, when I was in Europe on vacation, I was on the edge of giving into temptation.  I had only been quit a few months, and I swear EVERYBODY was smoking here.  But I didn't smoke.  I found things to keep me busy without smoking.  I told the nicodemon that he wasn't going to ruin my vacation!  So on my last day of my trip in Bruxelles, I decided I needed a reward.  A really special reward, so special it could really only happen once a year!  Every year since, I've celebrate that day!

And today is that day for 2011!!!  I've been good.  I haven't smoked.  So I am going to reward myself tonight with a guilty pleasure.  For me, that will be a few pieces of Neuhaus chocolate!  Its one of the best chocolates in Belgium!  So this will be the third year I am going to celebrate this special day with some really good chocolate!

I urge everybody to find a guilty pleasure and reward themselves today.  We've all earned it.  We all woke up today and said I'm not going to smoke.  Not today.  Not ever again!  So go ahead, reward yourself today with something special.  Something you would do only once a year!  You don't have to spend alot of money.  I'm probably going to spend $2-$3, less than the price of one pack of smokes.  But I've earned it.  And so has each and everybody reading this.  Go for it!  And Congratulations for not smoking today!

For those of you who haven't quit yet, go ahead and reward yourself for checking out this site.  That is one of the first steps for quitting, so you deserve a reward too!  Happy Guilty Reward Day everybody!!!

Reading this thread: