Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

6 Complete days with ZERO nicotine :~)

12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Denise!
       And now it's 11 days!  Keep on taking it one day at a time and kick ash!!!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,302.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 8

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes!  The mind is a powerful tool.  You know you can do it.  Remind yourself of this each day.
Soon enough you will be at the top of the mountain!

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just keep thinking those thoughts Denise and you will be!

Congratulations!!!
Luna
  • Quit Meter

$170,313.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6617 Hours: 3

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I am racking up the days. It's hard to believe it's already 10 days, and although some days are tougher/easier than others, it has gone by very fast. Maybe the mindset has something to do with it. Maybe this time I am actually done. I sure want to be..

DeniseK 
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Denise ! You are doing GREAT ! Great stats , Great Attitude ! Stay with us Denise and post often we are all with you !!!!
Thanks to all who posted encouragement. I actually slept 5 hours today (I work night shift), yipee! Am having some strong cravings, but not one puff. Someone asked me tonight if I had smokes with me...I said No Way! If I had em, I'd be back to a pack a day! No No NO! One puff and I'd be back to a pack a day! So I'm watching my stats go up (it amazes me how many NOT smoked I have racked up already!) and trying to keep busy. Feeling rather blah but it's better than feeling like a chihuahua, which I was most of the week. All shivers and snarls...

DeniseK 
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on staring Hell week down DeniseK. You're doing great! Now onto Heck week already!  You know, it just gets better from here on in.  I found it easier to sleep at the beginning of my quit if I drank some peppermint tea and  read a very technical (boring, some would say) book where I tried to memorize difficult words and meanings - like "the use of pandiculation to ease symptoms of piriformis stiffness or atrophy . . ."  put me to sleep right away.  Maybe something like this would work for you too?  Welcome to SSC :)   Eyja  
12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on 6 days. You're awesome. Keep doing the do things. Do drink ice water and do reward yourself however small. It just might be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. Excellent for you. breather
Thanks to everyone who posted, and Josie, I have been doing all those things, I just can't sleep yet. I think the detox is keeping me awake, but I'm sure this too shall pass. Some days are easier than others, that's for sure. 

<3
DeniseK 
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
6 days is something to chant about! Before you know it, it'll be 3 months clean of Nicotine and you're wonder how in the world you got there! You're doing great.. Just remember N.O.P.E (Not One Puff Ever).

Reading this thread: