Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I have 800 days!

12 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
800 plus a few!  That's where you're at now, Brenda!  Fantastic.  You're such an inspiration!!!

Cheers,
Jan
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Brenda on 800++  !!!   Because of you there are a few more quiters in the world than there would have been without you. And THAT my dear is AWESOME !!!  You ROCK Brenda !!
12 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda:
    Congratulations on reaching this mile stone, and you did it while still helping others along the way.
Kaiser
12 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda:

Ups..................sorry I missed your 800 day celebration.  A little late but still...........a huge congrats for this achievement.  It only gets better.

Kindest

Duffis
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,

NICE STATS!

VERY PROUD OF YOU AND VERY PROUD OF THE FACT THAT YOUHAVE COMPLETLY CHNAGED YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER!

WOOWOO!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the support guys.. Feeling much better today.. :-) I can't go back after all this time I've got racked up.. As you say It really does drain you doing this!! Serious roller coaster ride!! I look forward to the day when I only think about them once or twice a year!  I didn't mean to take away from what this thread is all about.. Congrats Brenda and here's to the next 800 days!! bold 
  • Quit Meter

$38,561.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 678 Hours: 2

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woo Hoo, Brenda!!!!  You've got it together and are doing great things for yourself and providing wonderful support for others!!!!

Jamie.....stick with it....good times and bad times...downs and ups....all the time and effort is so worth the short-term pain and stress.  You will live longer and strut proudly because you are worth it!!!!  Drink tons of ice water and keep posting.....someone is always around. 

In the words of Brenda, "Been There, Done That!"

Keep the Quit,

Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,516.33

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 11

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jahamin, good you are still with us. There are gong to be hard days, hours, minutes, and seconds. But at some point, you're going to realize that you haven't thought about smoking for days. Smoking thoughts will show up farther and farther apart. I may think about smoking now twice a year, and the thoughts usually only last minutes. I will not smoke again, because, like you, I'm not so sure that I can do this again. Quitting smoking is absolutely exhausting. People just don't know how much energy it takes when you really have to try not to do something. Take a stand: You are quitting now, because if not now, then when? When will it be a better time? Take those days that you have behind you and admire them. Not everyone is able to get them. So they are very special. To me, the first 365 days were more precious than the 435 that have followed. If you don't go backward, you will move forward.
12 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fabulous job Brenda!  You are such an inspiration on this site.  I am so happy to see your progress at all times.  Thanks for being here!!!
Dawn
12 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Brenda, I would just like to say thanks for taking the time to help me.. :-) It means a lot.. Support can be hard come by from my family at times. I don't think they really understand just how hard it can be. It was real difficult to get where I am today to put it lightly! I'm not sure If I would have the energy to go through another quit anytime soon If I relapsed. I have quit then came crawling back to cigarette's over the last few years many times.. I would just love this to stick this time for good!! I woke up this morning feeling great that I got though last night. It was a real test for me! How are you finding it at your 800+ day mark?? I just try to keep in mind that If I smoke ill feel worse than I'm feeling when I'm having major urges/cravings to poison myself with cigarette's! I pray and hope that we will get over this horrible addiction! 

Cheers

Jamie..  
  • Quit Meter

$38,561.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 678 Hours: 2

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter