Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

It's getting better each day!

14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance   way to hang in there Congratulations  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2635
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 63,240
Amount Saved: $11,067.00
Life Gained:
Days: 342 Hrs: 8 Mins: 3 Seconds: 3

14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing great Lance 11 days WOW you should be very proud of yourself.  The biggest change I like was the smell thing, I loved how I smelled better and how I could smell things I never could before.  My taste buds did change some for the better and some not, things I like to eat before I don't like the taste of anymore but that no big deal there are plenty of other things that taste great.

Lance you have come 11 days before you know it it will be a year, keep up the good quit and have a fantastic smokeless Sunday.

Terry

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/28/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 119
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,142
Amount Saved: $1,071.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 9 Mins: 53 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, one of the things I liked most was regaining my sense of smell.  I could actually smell fabric softener on my clothes.  I could smell shampoo in my hair.   I could smell flowers, and leaves, and so many other outdoor things.  In addition to smelling better, I also smelled better!  Co-workers would comment that "I smelled good", that they could smell my cologne.  They could smell me, not nasty cigarette smoke.  Have you noticed your taste buds getting better too?  Food tastes different once you aren't smoking. 

You are doing awesome!  You're almost through Heck Week!  Keep taking it one day at a time and you'll go far!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 430
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,200
Amount Saved: $4,300.00
Life Gained:
Days: 64 Hrs: 5 Mins: 46 Seconds: 24

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, it's pretty cool, Lance. I remember I could ride my bike on days I didn't smoke, but couldn't ride it on days did. This time I've been quit the entire time I've ridden my bike, so it has been as dramatic, but I'm sure the results would be the same if I were having slips like the last time.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 176
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,928
Amount Saved: $1,909.60
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 7 Mins: 1 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Sounds like you've been taking notice of some of the changes occurring with your body.
Just a little reminder of what occurs in your body as soon as you quit.

20 minutes after quitting, your blood pressure drops to normal.
1 day after quitting, your chance of heart attack and stroke starts to decrease.
2 days after quitting, nicotine by-products are removed from your body.
2 weeks after quitting, walking and aerobic exercise becomes easier.
1 month after quitting, your lung capacity increases up to 30%.
1 year after quitting, your risk of developing coronary heart disease reduces by 50%.
3 years after quitting, your risk of heart attack and stroke is as low as someone who has never smoked.

Keep up the great work!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance 'day 11' is pretty good going- and I am so pleased you are noticing the changes that are taking place. As each day mounts up you will see the positive benefits multiplying, so keep up your great work, you're getting there.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 532
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,300
Amount Saved: $7,980.00
Life Gained:
Days: 62 Hrs: 19 Mins: 7 Seconds: 10

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't believe the positive changes I notice more each day. The cool thing is that "I notice them" just little things that I consider an improvement. You don't really stop and think about all the little things that smoking affects in your body, when you smoke. I think it affects more than you learn about as I notice the changes. Its only day eleven and I notice a huge difference. 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $61.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 34 Seconds: 55

Reading this thread: