Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Ron has 1 year today !!!!!!!!!!

14 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron

Sorry to miss this one.  One year is a huge deal, you should be very proud of this.  As you know it takes a whole lot of doin and discipline to do one full trip around the sun sans cigarettes; and here you are....This is very good stuff indeed...

stay well

nonic

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/25/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 908
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 27,240
Amount Saved: $9,534.00
Life Gained:
Days: 173 Hrs: 6 Mins: 44 Seconds: 16

• Quit Meter

$66,591.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 22

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dear friend Ron, please forgive me for being late with this post, I am so thrilled and delighted for you that you have reached the magic one year milestone, isn't it just the best feeling ever?? We did it!!!!!
Thanks for being such a terrific member, and I look forward to sharing our next year as quitters together! Big hugs Ron xx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 405
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,125
Amount Saved: $6,075.00
Life Gained:
Days: 47 Hrs: 19 Mins: 42 Seconds: 18

14 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Ron on your big milestone,
1 year is a  great achievement.
Best of luck

Lillyput 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/2/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 533
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,990
Amount Saved: �5,836.35
Life Gained:
Days: 74 Hrs: 7 Mins: 16 Seconds: 25

14 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron - congratulations on your one year anniversary.   Great job.  Your input here and focus on the quit have been inspiring to my as I get my feet under me.

Thanks for your insight.  

Keep up the great quit.

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 150
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,500
Amount Saved: $1,181.25
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 11 Mins: 45 Seconds: 21

• Quit Meter

$50,516.33

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 7

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for your support. Today has been a great day for me I'm enjoying my 1 year smokefree....

Breather- Thanks for recognizing my one year.. I've been very impressed with your understanding of our addictions and I have a feeling that your addict meter is going to be 0 forever. Excellent to you!
Penitent-I agree with 1 year being a biggie.  I feel all the seasons crossed my path so hopefully no more surprises..If so I'll be posting.  Thanks for all you help you offer to us on SSC.
Kaiser-Look forward to the next month when you cruz in on your bike to one year. The nicodemon tried to give me a couple punches at the end but I kept saying nope.  can't wait to celebrate with you!
Josie- Thanks so much for what you do.  We appreciate it and believe me I'm creating more rewards as we speak
Tresa- You helped me after my first post and here you are again.  You really are a goddess in my eye. Thanks!
Rock- I love when you post on our milestones because I always get a double from where I'm at. So that gives me another year...yes! and thanks
Bella- Hey Bella we should have been quit buddies we are so close on quit dates. In fact my first quit date was on the 19th but decided to quit two days early.  Congrats to you and look forward to celebrate your victory..
Bob- I like you because you keep it simple and fun. I'm non-smoking Ron and I want a cookie. Hugggs to you for 141 days
Kelly- Another person who helped me so much. Those friends of mine that pushed my buttons after I quit came to the rescue with much help and suggestions from you.  Thanks!
Trillium- Thanks so much for the congrats. You are the reason why I know I don't want to go back to smoking.  I see how hard it is to do Hell and Heck weeks and I don't want to do it again. You and your husband are doing fantastic keep it up
Cameless- Thanks for that and I think when we see how positive it is that we quit then theres no more room for the nicodemon so nudge back in our lives.  Glad to have another 17th quitter to celebrate our months quit. And Happy 1 1/2 years to you what a great achievement!
Lainey- Thanks so much for your support.  I love your wisdom you offer and always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks
Jazz- Ditto to you Jazz.  Nice to see the real Jazz by the way on your picture. You have some good round numbers going 10,000 cigs not smoked and $4000.00 saved way to go. Thanks for your support.
Bgaineshunter- Thanks so much I'm glad you are back and I'm really impressed this time with your quit.  I pick up so much more confidence and realization that you really do want to quit. I'm so happy if I gave you my non smoking bug, it's a good one to get 
Jim- Thanks for the beer suggestion.  I've heard Oregon has some of the best brewed beers so I'm really looking forward to visiting. Thanks again for your PMA it's helped me so much to get out of some of my funks. 
Sparky- You saved me from that one I found in my car.. I was going to keep in my drawer and look at it and continplate about it and you said get rid of it... Thanks so much that re energized my quit.  And I have such a great feelling about your quit this time.  Your back in the HOF going so strong...:)
Marivi-Thanks so much for your kind words.  I'm glad to know that I can offer some things to you guys and gals... and I will say that quitting does allow us to have more peace.. Thank you for all your great help and words of wisdom, you are very educated in a lot of things..
Lisa- I know you will quit again and you are going to do your final quit. I always remember the time when you found that cigarette when you were moving and instead of lighting it up you had no problem throwing it away.  I was very impressed with your courage at the time so I know that same lisa is ready to go strong.
Wow that was a lot to reply to.. Thanks again on to year #2.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 365
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,570
Amount Saved: $2,299.50
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 7 Mins: 9 Seconds: 48

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS RON!!!!!!!
ONE YEAR IS A GREAT ACOMPLISHMENT!!! I'M SO HAPPY TO READ THAT YOU ARE AT PEACE!  
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THIS SITE DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND I DO APPRECIATE WHAT YOU DO FOR US THE NOT SO NEWBIES AND THE NEWBIES!   
  MARIVI

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 145
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,175
Amount Saved: $217.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 13 Mins: 8 Seconds: 54

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron, I am so glad I am here to see you get to one year.  I must tell  you when I came back; your welcome made me know it was so worth the quit.  You gave me some wonderful information, eat my words type and I thank you for it.  It is pretty obvious how much you are cared for here and "WE" are so happy to be with a WINNER!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 82
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 820
Amount Saved: $164.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 21 Mins: 1 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ron!!!

Way to go, buddy!!!  You got that first year milestone under your belt and from here on out, it's just a little crave here and a little crave there!!!  You figured out how to keep the little beast under control and that's all it takes!!!

Congratulations again, and once you get up to Oregon, might I suggest the Red Hook ESB...   YUMMMMmmmmmm!!!!!  I wish that I could have brought a few cases back with me!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 469
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,725
Amount Saved: $1,934.63
Life Gained:
Days: 79 Hrs: 12 Mins: 52 Seconds: 53

• Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 1

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Get out, Ron! Wow, that's a milestone. Reward yourself big time--a trip maybe. Great America.! Just keep doing what you're doing. It's contagious.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 47
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,269
Amount Saved: $475.88
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 4 Mins: 42 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many congratulations Ron - one year is fabulous! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 531
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,620
Amount Saved: $4,035.60
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 23 Mins: 48 Seconds: 31

Reading this thread: