Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

As of today...

15 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how crazy it sounds to be losing weight AND quitting smoking at the same time, but I look it as a "Health" push as opposed to the individual parts of the initiative. There are 3 layers for me and one super major plus... No Cigarettes, Better Diet Choices (we are doing weight watchers) and joining the gym.

My wife, who is also my best friend, is not only 100% supportive but we are doing it all together. It helps to have a friend like that. Also, everyone on this board has been great and very supportive! Thanks, as always, to Sassy, for introducing me.

My trick to the diet is the world of substitution--- You can always substitute something caloric with a less fattening substitute... It's like the scene in City Slickers where the 2 guys who are supposed to be Ben and Jerry can tell you what flavor of Ice Cream goes with every meal? I can tell you what to substitute in a recipe to help you achieve as close to possible the original intent.... It usually involves Turkey of some type. ;-) Also, I do the cooking in the house so I can control everything easier.

I tell the wife that the secret ingredient to every dish I make is love. It's actually Tabasco Sauce.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,200
Amount Saved: $540.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 0 Mins: 8 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!!  Congrats on the 30 days and the 10 pounds, thats fantastic!

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 396
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,880
Amount Saved: $1,485.00
Life Gained:
Days: 32 Hrs: 23 Mins: 31 Seconds: 55

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Apikoros,

Wow! Congratulations on 30 smoke free days and on losing 10.6 pounds! That is amazing, definitely something to be proud of  Any rewards in mind?!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: